What do we think of the Bayswater buckle bag?

Woody'smum

May 30, 2010
Hello lovelies, I need some advice please. I tried the oxblood small shrunken calf Bayswater buckle in HOF yesterday and liked it. However, before I rush out and make such an extravagant purchase, I just wondered what you all thought of it? I think I really like shrunken calf leather but that said, I could buy a preloved conker SBS or a Black Forest Del Rey for less at the moment. I need a nice Autumnal colour (I'm thinking ahead!). Any help much appreciated xx

I'm by no means a Mulberry expert as I'm new to the forum, but I absolutely LOVE the oxblood small shrunken calf Bayswater buckle and it's on the top of my wish list! I think Cara wears hear well in the campaign.

Considering I'd just bought an Alexa (and being a student), I think funds have already run dry and I will have to wait for the sale/ outlet.......boo

I love the bag a lot. If I didn't have the bayswater myself, I would have gotten it now. Now I'm venturing towards other handbags but this one is definitely high up on my wish list! You can't go wrong with it. And shrunken calf leather is more scratch resistant and hard leather and retain the bags shape better so you can't go wrong with it!

Thank you all :smile: I know I'm in the minority when I say this but I just can't 'do' a Lexie. I love them, they look stunning and I've owned an oak, an Ink, a Val and some of them repeatedly but I just get stressed getting anything in and out of them. I remain a great Lexie fan but must stop myself from ever owning one again!! Easier said than done ....... I am totally in love with shrunken calf leather though.

I'd be inclined to go for a Lexy but seeing as you don't favour them then I would go for BF del rey.
Afraid I'm not a lover of that particular bays either
But, then again it is your choice that matters here
Hope you can come to a decision :smile:

Here my two pence worth! I really like it, love the leather, colour and think it will always look good. Im not an Alexa fan either, It just doesnt do It for me. I agree with Molly, if you like it then dont worry about what others think. Theres a mulberry for every taste. This is just a guess but Im thinking Oxblood is going to be a big seller this autumn/winter so perhaps there will be some other styles introduced, heres hoping!

I absolutely love the small bayswater buckle bag, and think the oxblood shrunken calf is stunning. I always go by the rule that if you can't stop thinking about it, it's the one for you!

It's one of those that I really didn't like to start with, but like many others, it's grown on me, I like the smaller version better, I'm not sure I'll take the plunge though.

I must admit I am a fan - I bought the black version a couple of weeks ago. My reveal thread is here: http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/reveal-i-never-thought-id-buy-this-one-875757.html

I looked at the oxblood version but didn't like the shiny gold hardware with it, much prefer the matt gold hardware with the conker.

Oh my goodness! Looking at your reveal photos gave me butterflies in my stomach!! Many thanks to everyone for your comments. I don't want to make any more impulse buys and then regret it xx