What do u spray the INside of your bag with?

vagabag

O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
so, i know some of you use apple guard, SM, etc to spray the outside but does anyone spray the interior lining? If so, what product have you had success with? Thanks.

vagabag, are you one of those people that puts plastic slipcovers on her sofas?:roflmfao:
I'm teasing you of course:P

I've never heard of anyone spraying the inside. I think the inside will be fine if you just are mindful of it, like you know, don't throw an open sandwich into your bag, lol teasing again!:upsidedown: From what I understand the sprays are really just for protecting against the elements, like a rain or snowfall.

Stop the teasing! I actually got the idea from here about spraying the inside. I remember reading someone's comment that she sprayed the inside and was so thankful for it. I thought it was a good idea as I had never sprayed mine before and who knows what accidents can happen! But, I can't find that thread so I thought I'd post this.

And, no, I don't put plastic on my sofa! :P

I actually spray Scotchgard on the inside of my denim baggy. It helps soil off. Even after using the bag for quite some time now, the inside still looks new.

depends on what type of interior we are talking about, if it's just canvas or cloth, scotchguard might be ok, but a pursekit or purse togo should help keep the bag clean. And of course, avoid liquid unless it's tightly shut.

Nothing. And, I never would. If there was meant to be something sprayed on these bags whether it be the linings or the vachetta LV would do it prior to our buying the bags or for heaven's sake, they would sell us products to do it ourselves.

Imagine that...they could sell us an overprices line of speciality cleaners and protectants with the LV label. That is an entire untapped market for them!

Nothing. And, I never would. If there was meant to be something sprayed on these bags whether it be the linings or the vachetta LV would do it prior to our buying the bags or for heaven's sake, they would sell us products to do it ourselves.

Imagine that...they could sell us an overprices line of speciality cleaners and protectants with the LV label. That is an entire untapped market for them!

Good point. I know Coach sells leather cleaners and such. The fact that LV doesn't and that time and time again they tell you not to use anything is convincing me to just enjoy my LVs without worrying about protecting them with sprays.

There are members who spray a scotchguard spray, they sell them at the grocery store, it will state for fabrics and carpets. I think its a great idea myself, for you never know when an accident could happen. Just be careful that you confine the spray to the inside of the bag. If you have a style bag that can be turned inside out, do that. The posting you read before that is what the poster said she did, turned the bag inside out! Just be careful not to get the spray on the vahetta leather for it will leave spots, it will easily come off the canvas though!