What do people wear to funerals these days?

I wouldn't wear jeans. Go get some formal black dress pants or a basic black dress with black tights. Since you don't have the pants yet, go to a really cheap store like Ross. Chances are, you won't want to wear them again. I threw away all the clothes I wore to my grandma's funeral because they made me think of the funeral every time I saw them.

I wouldn't wear jeans. Go get some formal black dress pants or a basic black dress with black tights. Since you don't have the pants yet, go to a really cheap store like Ross. Chances are, you won't want to wear them again. I threw away all the clothes I wore to my grandma's funeral because they made me think of the funeral every time I saw them.

Thanks..
Great idea about going to a really cheap store, I attach events to clothes really easily.

You don't have to wear black. You can wear navy, gray or any other dark color. Don't wear jeans, sneakers, pastels or anything sexy. Just remember that it's a funeral; you're there to pay your respect so it's not about fashion and it's not about you, KWIM?

If you have gray pants, you could wear them with a black top and black shoes. That's perfectly acceptable.

Sorry to be blunt, but I'm just being honest. I've had to go to a zillion funerals and I can't tell you how annoying it is to see people young people in short skirts, cleavage hanging out, ratty jeans, etc. It just seems so disrespectful to me.