What do I wear to a wedding rehearsal?

kitad86

Sakura
Jan 10, 2009
Okay i've only been to weddings when I was little and then my mom dressed me lol, now that I'm 23 I have always been working and couldnt get off for friends weddings, I'm attending my boyfriends friends wedding rehearsal and have no clue what to wear! i've been hearing back and forth about wearing a black cocktail dress and him being the mediator in this I have no clue if black will be appropriate for her wedding. HELP ME :wondering

I think a black cocktail dress is appropriate for a wedding.
IMG_9681.jpg

I hear black dress pants and a dressy shirt is another way to go?? match it up with some little black heels? Main reason why I'm freaking is cause I am meeting potential boyfriends group of friends so although everyone will be focused on the bride and groom, I will still be the newbie lol

Black pants and a dressy top might work, I think that wedding rehearsals can vary in how formal they are. This is because sometimes the wedding party will be going to the rehearsal dinner afterwards, and some people's rehearsal dinners are more formal and others' are more casual. I would play it safe with a dress that could go more or less formal. The ones you posted are fairly dressy/cocktail, and pants would tend more casual. If I truly had no idea how formal the event would be, I would go with something like this (saying this because I happen to own this dress and bought it thinking it would be good for this kind of situation haha): http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Wom...resses/weddingsparties/PRDOVR~97893/97893.jsp and bring a cardigan to wear over - if the event is formal, ditch the cardigan and you're appropriately dressed. If it's more casual, button up the cardigan, and you're still appropriately dressed.

Also, in the majority of social circles today, black is appropriate for weddings and wedding-related events. Heck, my bridesmaids are wearing black, as are my mom and stepmom! If your social circle is very conservative, you might want to stay away from black, though.

Hope that helps!

Black pants and a dressy top might work, I think that wedding rehearsals can vary in how formal they are. This is because sometimes the wedding party will be going to the rehearsal dinner afterwards, and some people's rehearsal dinners are more formal and others' are more casual. I would play it safe with a dress that could go more or less formal. The ones you posted are fairly dressy/cocktail, and pants would tend more casual. If I truly had no idea how formal the event would be, I would go with something like this (saying this because I happen to own this dress and bought it thinking it would be good for this kind of situation haha): http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/dresses/weddingsparties/PRDOVR~97893/97893.jsp and bring a cardigan to wear over - if the event is formal, ditch the cardigan and you're appropriately dressed. If it's more casual, button up the cardigan, and you're still appropriately dressed.

Also, in the majority of social circles today, black is appropriate for weddings and wedding-related events. Heck, my bridesmaids are wearing black, as are my mom and stepmom! If your social circle is very conservative, you might want to stay away from black, though.

Hope that helps!

You are awesome thanks, well I'm not going to the wedding just the dinner Friday night and he doesnt really know what the attire will be either so why I'm stumped at the moment! Love the dress you posted, only thing is not gonna be able to go out and get something new kinda just getting stuck with what I have, why I'm so lost lol! I have plenty of cute tops to wear with black pants but totally agree with what you said about the dress, the black dress feel may be lil too dressy and the other I'd wear if actually going to wedding. UGh hate being a girl sometimes lol

I just went to a wedding rehearsal dinner in Savannah, GA and wore a summerish type strapless dress

dressbq.jpg

My SO was in the actual wedding so I felt like I needed to dress up a bit more. I wore a dress similar to this, heels, and minimal accessories and felt like I was dressed appropriately.

I don't think I would wear black to a wedding in April/May but that's just me.