what do i do to make sure the buyer reads everything carefully???

Issis

shopaholic mode
Jun 7, 2010
need to vent... :smash:

long story short...
sold an anna sui dress with all measurements in the listing
shipped it quickly, and it was received in three days
then buyer wanting to return because 'it's not a good fit'...
i have return policy listed as 3-day money back if SNAD, but buyer conveniently did not see my return term.
luckily, i have another buyer lined up already. so i told her i'll accept the return.

but i just hate, hate buyer taking advantage of seller for apparent feedback reason! ...

what do i do to make sure the buyer reads everything in the listing carefully??? :rtr:

:ty:

You could also say something like "Please ask any question you may have before bidding/buying" as there is no return/refund for my item..All SAles Are Final.
I know you probably say this..But maybe in large fonts and caps like /\ said.
It's always a gamble unless you know the designers sizing...I always try and research the sizes before I buy as all designers sizes differ.
But you did give the measurements, buyer should have measured another dress of hers to see if the measurements would work. No excuse really. Glad you got another buyer.

Short answer - it's impossible.

Some will and some won't but buyers will return items no matter what you put in your listing. All they have to do is file SNAD and it's a done deal.

Short answer - it's impossible.

Some will and some won't but buyers will return items no matter what you put in your listing. All they have to do is file SNAD and it's a done deal.

Unfortunate but true. When I sell I have all the info in the ad, but people do not read. They ask me questions about the item,.....when the answers are clearly stated in the auction. I too use the larger fonts and bolder colors for certain statements, but not many read.

And it really doesn't matter what your auction says, because as mydogsfriend says, all the buyer has to do is SNAD it and they get their money back. Just be aware of this.

Agree with all the above... large fonts, different colours to highlight different things eg measurements in bold blue, titles in bold red, I now have a few additional paragraphs at the bottom of my listings in particular letting first time winners they must contact me within 48 hours.. after using ebay for a few years now overall I am happy with it but I am getting more bolshie in what i expect from buyers...
I am about to sell a ball gown.. so I will put in all standard measurements in huge bold blue, plus the length of it, the materials, the designer's name and say that no returns acccepted, interested bidders please check your measurements against the measurements of this dress...

There is absolutely nothing you can do, because buyers can return anything for any reason, including changing their minds. Very sad state of affairs for sellers on ebay now. I still stress "please read this lisiting and look at all pictures very carefully , no returns," blah, blah. Means NOTHING in the end.

I don't do anything special with the type fonts. I do make sure the photos are excellent and the text is extremely complete, with all relevant info and definitely complete disclosure concerning the condition.

The point of SNAD is the "as described" part: I feel that I stand a chance in any dispute (which has never happened to me in nearly 14 years on eBay, btw) if I describe and show it all. Then, there is no room left for my failing to describe. Or ideally there shouldn't be.

I realize the system's gamed against sellers, but this is my form of due diligence: the right words and the right pictures.

I don't do anything special with the type fonts. I do make sure the photos are excellent and the text is extremely complete, with all relevant info and definitely complete disclosure concerning the condition.

The point of SNAD is the "as described" part: I feel that I stand a chance in any dispute (which has never happened to me in nearly 14 years on eBay, btw) if I describe and show it all. Then, there is no room left for my failing to describe. Or ideally there shouldn't be.

I realize the system's gamed against sellers, but this is my form of due diligence: the right words and the right pictures.

i guess my problem is: i described it right (measurements, etc...) and have return terms (only if SNAD), and the buyer just ignored everything and purchased the item.
now it doesn't fit her - not my fault, i gave measurements
and she wants to return - she ignored my return term

i normally do not like to pack my listings with large fonts and colorful sentences... i'm a neat freak (on ebay listing) and cannot tolerant listings that look like a patchwork quilt... i guess there's really no way to deal with buyers like this... just have to accept the fact and move on...

thanks gals for all the good advices!!!

It sucks, but I think most buyers who tend to cause problems, probably aren't going to read everything regardless of how big or colorful the font is. There is a reason they are problem buyers! I think you are better off working on your settings and trying to minimize/eliminate problem buyers...

People are always going to have the capacity to be idiots. Unfortunately, even if you DO get them to read/comprehend your terms, they'll still whine or scam and get their way, thanks to Paypal/eBay's shameless pandering to buyers. :sad: