What do I do now?

tuvili

Oct 10, 2008
For those of you not in the CCLO thread, here's the story.

I wanted a pair of Tiger NPs. NaturalGasGirl had them. They were a bit more than I could comfortably afford, so at the advice of TPF members, I asked if I could make an offer. She said I could, so I did. She also told me that members of TPF got free shipping. She turned down the offer. She then relisted the shoes with a BIN and OBO. I REALLY wanted them, so I made an offer of her original starting bid price, which she accepted. I received an invoice which included shipping, so I asked her about it. She replied that she was losing money on the sale, and couldn't I manage to pay the shipping?

I wrote back earlier today saying that if she wanted to cancel my bid she could, because she had told me free shipping, but was not honoring it.

She just replied with a payment reminder with insurance and shipping added on.

What would you do? I don't want to have anything to do with her now, but I don't want her ruining my perfect feedback.

Well, sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers anymore, and I guess this is one instance where it's a good thing. I would write her back one more time telling her that since she is not honoring the free shipping deal, you are no longer interested in the deal, and you never agreed to the total that she is invoicing you with. If she still doesn't change the price, then don't pay. You'll probably get a non-paying bidder strike, but you might be able to fight it. I hope someone else is able to help you more; I think you might get more help in the ebay forum.

like naked said, sellers can't neg you. sometimes it's a curse, sometimes a blessing :rolleyes:

I wouldn't buy the shoes. They will show up again one day... I rather give my hard earned money to an honest seller who deserves it.

sorry you had to deal with this.

I wouldn't buy them either...she did the same thing to me. I emailed her my BO, she denied but said I would get free shipping, then relisted it BIN for my original BO. I purchased them and she wouldn't give me the free shipping and told me that in her last email she meant to say the price did not include free shipping but mistyped and said free shipping. She charged me like $25 for shipping. I really wanted the shoes so I forked up the money, but I would never deal with her again.

I think when she does the BIN listings she is charged a way higher final value fee so she is not able to give the free shipping. Ask her to relist using the auction listing with BIN so she will get charged less. By the looks of her listing she has help listing and managing everything. I think the invoice was automatically sent after a number of days if you didn't pay. You should try messaging her again and quote what she said about the free shipping.

Well, she wrote me back. She says she didn't realize I was the same person. She asked if she could cancel the auction, then redo it as a bidding auction, and I would win, so that she could avoid some fees, and she would do free shipping. I want the shoes, but I'm not sure I want them from her now.

Well I think if she realized her mistake, and she is making it right, AND you want the shoes, I would go for it.

i agree with noah. at first i agreed with you and would probably want nothing to do with ngg, but since she realized her mistake and is trying to rectify it, i'd say give her a chance. after all, she gave you one. besides, those tiger np are just tdf! :heart:

Well, she wrote me back. She says she didn't realize I was the same person. She asked if she could cancel the auction, then redo it as a bidding auction, and I would win, so that she could avoid some fees, and she would do free shipping. I want the shoes, but I'm not sure I want them from her now.

Yeah that will save her a lot of money....she is trying to make it right.