What do guys think of this bag...is it worth it?

pursemama

Pursaholic
Jan 17, 2006
I just purchased this BV bag at Saks, it was $2,690! I first laid eyes on it online but, decided to take a good look at it inperson because of the price. I really, really love it and it's so gorgeous inperson (I don't have a BV bag in my collection)...the quality is superb! Now that I have it, I'm feeling guilty about spending so much on a handbag:worried:. I wanted a BV bag for the longest time (tried their signature hobos, they're not for me) but, never found one that I really loved enough to buy/use...until I saw this one. I think I just need some reassurance from you purse lovers out there...negative or positive!

pursemama said:
oops, forgot pic!I got it in black.

I think it is a very good, classic BV bag, with all their signature accents and quality but also practical and will be in fashion for years to come. I think it is an excellent investment bag, so dont feel guilty!! It is better to buy one quality bag you really like then 10 inexpensive bags which you wont use! Congrats on your purchase!

I AM SO THRILLED THAT I FOUND THIS WEBSITE!! I am a beast when it comes to buying ridiculously expensive shoes and handbags. My husband thinks I'm borderline crazy sometimes!! I can't begin to tell you how much fun I've had reading all of the different posts about my favorite subject in the entire world--DESIGNER HANDBAGS!! The advice and pics are GREAT!!! I was reading PurseMamas predicament about her Bottega bag and I am in the same boat. About a month ago I bought my first CHLOE medium Python Silverado Satchelin Silver retail $2330 off of the Neiman Marcus website and I have been feeling extremely guilty.I have been pining for a CHLOE handbag and I was so excited when it arrived in the mail. I haven't even taken it out of the house!! After looking at the Chloe website and checking the Neimans, Net a Porter, and Bergdorfs websites daily, I think I may have made too hasty of a decision. I LOVE THE PADDINGTON ESPECIALLY IN OFF WHITE!! And the Edith in Whiskey is Great too!!! Not only is the bag way expensive it's really not as big as I'm used to. Someone please help me decide if I should return it or exchange for another. Also the Silver is extremely bright-- Thanks for reading this long email!!!

First, welcome to the forum. Second, if you don't love the bag, bring it back. It sounds like you've got your eye on some other stuff anyway!:nuts:

BagBuyinFiend said:
I AM SO THRILLED THAT I FOUND THIS WEBSITE!! I am a beast when it comes to buying ridiculously expensive shoes and handbags. My husband thinks I'm borderline crazy sometimes!! I can't begin to tell you how much fun I've had reading all of the different posts about my favorite subject in the entire world--DESIGNER HANDBAGS!! The advice and pics are GREAT!!! I was reading PurseMamas predicament about her Bottega bag and I am in the same boat. About a month ago I bought my first CHLOE medium Python Silverado Satchelin Silver retail $2330 off of the Neiman Marcus website and I have been feeling extremely guilty.I have been pining for a CHLOE handbag and I was so excited when it arrived in the mail. I haven't even taken it out of the house!! After looking at the Chloe website and checking the Neimans, Net a Porter, and Bergdorfs websites daily, I think I may have made too hasty of a decision. I LOVE THE PADDINGTON ESPECIALLY IN OFF WHITE!! And the Edith in Whiskey is Great too!!! Not only is the bag way expensive it's really not as big as I'm used to. Someone please help me decide if I should return it or exchange for another. Also the Silver is extremely bright-- Thanks for reading this long email!!!