What do Gucci do with non-perfect stock?

susan1981

May 23, 2018
I really want to buy a Gucci Marmont bag but the £1.5k price tag is just a bit out of my reach. However, there is a shop in London that sells designer stuff at slightly discounted prices. On their website, they have the bag I want and it's £500 cheaper (plus they have an extra 10% off for Black Friday) but the stitching just looks off, as does the GG, but I'm definitely no expert.

Do some bags vary in how they're made, so may look very slightly different, or do Gucci have stock that isn't perfect that they sell on? This is the webpage for the bag. Do you think that this bag looks like it could be fake? I did post this on the authentication thread, but didn't get a response.

https://www.designerpopupstore.com/product-page/gucci-marmont-small-in-black

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
I really want to buy a Gucci Marmont bag but the £1.5k price tag is just a bit out of my reach. However, there is a shop in London that sells designer stuff at slightly discounted prices. On their website, they have the bag I want and it's £500 cheaper (plus they have an extra 10% off for Black Friday) but the stitching just looks off, as does the GG, but I'm definitely no expert.

Do some bags vary in how they're made, so may look very slightly different, or do Gucci have stock that isn't perfect that they sell on? This is the webpage for the bag. Do you think that this bag looks like it could be fake? I did post this on the authentication thread, but didn't get a response.

Gucci has a network of factory stores that sells both leftover stock (which could include imperfect or very slightly damaged items) and made-for-outlet stock. Unsold and unsaleable inventory is ultimately destroyed.

As far as this bag, you may want to have it professionally authenticated before you purchase it. And check the return policy of this store. Good luck with your quest!

Chanichiwa

Jun 24, 2018

I have not heard of this site, their About Us states "From factory and showroom samples to previous seasons collections we have sourced our own hidden treasures for you to discover..." I do know that Gucci has outlets but they are typically older versions I have never seen this bag in the outlet stores. I can't say whether or not this site is authentic.. anyone heard of them ?

Reactions: susan1981

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I have not heard of this site, their About Us states "From factory and showroom samples to previous seasons collections we have sourced our own hidden treasures for you to discover..." I do know that Gucci has outlets but they are typically older versions I have never seen this bag in the outlet stores. I can't say whether or not this site is authentic.. anyone heard of them ?
No. And I’d proceed with extreme caution. If you want to ensure you’re buying authentic, buy in Gucci store, reputable department store that sells Gucci, or a Gucci outlet.