Food What dinner does your family/SO love when you make?

Feb 13, 2006
I am running out of recipe ideas. A lot of times when I try to make something new and different, it doesn't go over too well with my SO but I am tired of making the same things over and over. Is there a recipe that you have that your family just loves when you make?
I will share this recipe for lasagna. http://pasta.allrecipes.com/az/Lasagna.asp
I don't like chopped onions so I use onion powder instead but it's yummy and easy! I am no expert chef :amuse:

my boyfriend made a really good taco salad last night. all you gott do is brown some ground beef, drain the grease, shred up some tortillas in the pan to get them nice and warm, season with ground hot chilis and a little garlic powder, and pour over an average, boring salad. it was SO good. i used honey mustard dressing on mine.

My family especially my son loves Chili con Carne on Nachos Chips which are overbaked with cheese and salat with yoghurt sauce on top.
You cook 500g minced meet (beef or half and half) with pepper, garlic and salt in a spoon olive oil until it's brwon and crispy than you add chopped tomatoes and ready made tomatoesauce to it.Then you put chili (sambal olek) and those ready made Chili con Crane spices to it. Take 1 tin Kidneybeans (400g) wash them under cold water and put it to the meet. Let it cook for 20 minutes. Lay out the nacho chips on the plates cover them with grinded cheese put them for 3 minutes into the microvave until it's melted. Then put the Chili con Carne on top of it + the washed green salat+ youghurt sauce and Bon appetit.

my kids love the homemade KFC i make (minus the F) i bake it instead of fry it :smile:
mix 1/3 a cup of cornstarch + 2/3 a cup of flour + 1 1/4 cups of water + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder + salt + garlic powder + chicken spices ......... dunk the chicken pieces in this mix and maranade for 30 minutes in the fridge ....
mix flour + paprika and use thsi mixture to coat the chicken pieces before you fry them .. I usually place them on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 30-45 minutes ...
the side dish would be potatoe wedges ... cut some potatoes into wedges (with the skin on) and place them on a baking sheet .. coat with olive oil and sprinkle on some salt and one type of herb you have (I tried oregano once .. I also tried rosemary which is amazing too) .. bake in the oven till the potatoes are crisp ..
boil some peas on the side :smile:

OOH Now I am hungry!
Another great idea...my kids and hubby love...for a quick and easy dinner......Chili in bread bowls....you can use the Pillsbury grands dough...roll up balls of foil and stretch a piece of the dough over it like a bowl....cook in oven for 10 min...put Chili in it...YUM!

another one ....
my kids love these!!! they are my quick meal dish :smile:
take some minced meat and season with salt + black pepper + steak spices .....
in a blender .. blend two tomatoes + one large onion + one fresh garlic clove + cilantro .... dont blend too much .. just a few pulses .. it should be kind of chunky ....
add this mixture over the meat and mix well ...
cut some triangles out of flat bread and put the meat mixture in a thin layer inside ... (meat sandwitch) .. place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes in a hot oven .. be careful not to get teh bread too dry ... it shoudl be crispy thought :smile:
very yummy!!!
If you make extra sauce (the tomatoe onion mixture) ... they can use it as a dip ....
believe me they will enjoy it ...
my kids take teh leftovers to school the next day :smile:

my two year old loves when I make a roast in the crockpot...she literally eats 3 helpings of it. she loves my macaroni & cheese, also.

my husband pretty much loves everything I cook!!

my crockpot roast recipe is easy...when i buy the roast i season it immediately and if i don't cook it right then, i freeze it. anyways, i just throw it in the crockpot and a large can of beef gravy...cook it for 8-10 hours. i usually make macaroni and cheese and collard greens with this, but you could just as easily put in veggies/potatoes in w/the roast.

Well *I* love it when my mom bakes Camembert cheese in the oven, along with full cloves of garlic. After its done we spread the cheese and garlic together on fresh baguette, and voila! deliciousness!

I make good pot roast in the Crock Pot. I put the roast, a small can of tomato sauce, an envelope of Lipton powdered golden onion soup, and sprinkle some garlic powder. I add halved small red potatoes, put the lid on it, and set it on low for 8 hours. The bf loves it :amuse: I usually serve it with a veggie and Cole's garlic bread or those Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits.