What did you want but decided against and why ?!?

specme

O.G.
Jan 22, 2011
After reading posts here ,I've been wondering how many of y'all out there have gone into LV to buy a specific item,and decided against it and why ?

Mine is the mono mm artsy !
In Dec. 2010 , I went to the store, tried it on and HATED it. The handle was hard and I couldn't stand how it rubbed under my armpit . I was heartbroken.
Well after posting on here about it and the feedback I got from y'all ,I bit the bullet when I found a preloved one in May / June last year. It was in EUC and already broken it ! Couldn't be happier with it !

Eva - I thought about buying it multiple times and I even asked and got it for Christmas. But had to take it back. It's just me. The chain and strap have always bothered me.

Last year I found a pre-love LV Mizi Vienna Noir that was in excellent condition. I ordered it and when it arrived I was so excited, even arrange with the UPS driver to meet so I wouldn't miss it's delivery. When I opened the box I just didn't feel that "wow" that I usually feel. I kept it for about 2 days but shipped it bag to Yoogi's (they have such great customer service). I just didn't feel any love for it even though it was a beautiful bag. I haven't regretted returning either.

For me it was the Empriente Lumi in Infini.

I was 100% sure I was going to get it after reading about the reviews/info on TpF and was going to get it in London while visiting but after seeing it IRL and trying it out in my local boutique, I just didn't like it as much. I found it to be too bulky and looked funny on me when wearing cross-body style which was a shame because I really wanted to like it! Plus I couldn't even fit the shorter handles over my shoulder and I only had a thin coat on at that time. It felt way too smug and uncomfortable.

So instead, I used the money I would've spent on the Lumi on the Eva clutch, Idylle Speedy and Vernis ZCP and I couldn't be happier!

For me its the Eva, I love how it looks, I went in the store ready to buy one, tried it one and had it in my hand but I walked out with a Stole and cles instead that day.. hehe.. I was seriously considering/day dreaming about the Eva, again the other day.. and decided to buy a pre loved Saumur 30 in mint condition! Im so excited I cant wait to get that bag.. Its funny, the saumur has always been a bag I admired, but never bit the bullet on it because I have an Odeon GM.. but after seeing the Spring/Summer 2012 cruise, and how great it looks, I couldnt get it out of my head! I decided I'd look for a pre loved and this one is a beauty, I couldnt let it get away. I cant wait to get her!

Eva: couldn't find one Made In France. Opted for a Pochette instead and very glad I did! Love it.

Black Multicolor Speedy: love how the bag looks, just don't know if I'll ever wear it. Still on the fence.

Bisten: opted to buy other bags with the amount I would have spent.

Sully. I wanted something from LV that could rotate with my MBMJ Hillier, but it just didn't feel right. I ended up leaving with a vernis ZCP instead. It was a first for me. Will be checking out the Artsy next.

Azur Totally MM--last year I wanted an Azur tote really badly. I didn't really like the Totally but didn't want the NF due to the skinny straps! I went to LV and tried on the Totally and felt nothing- no spark or any kind of love! I finally decided to give the NF a chance and fell immediately in love!!! I loved it when it first came out but avoided it--now I'm hooked--I love the NF!!

Mono Speedy B 30, I liked it in photos and everything but when I wore it and tried it on in store, it didn't really attract me and for some reason it felt like wearing that made me look old.. was never really a fan of the monogram line until I bought the mini pochette recently, next came a Delightful PM!