What did you order from Fall 08 ???

Thanks! He's actually one of my two parrotlets -- his name is Otis and he is a love!

Jackie told me the black glossy felt amazing too, so I think we are in for a VERY huggable bags! :yes:

Otis is BEAUTIFUL ~ I'm in :love:, but please do NOT tell my dogs or cats...they vie for my attention and don't want any more competition! :P

I am so excited about this leather, it looks stunning, I love its surface texture, and lovebags2 told me it is very durable ~ not to mention how it just rocks in this new Hug Me design !!!

dsrk, I"m so happy to hear that you ordered the choc matte leather and black glossy.

But, I did explain to you all about the black glossy being highly durable, but not that same type of "leathery" feel from most of Jackie's leathers, yes?

The black glossy to me, has some sort of coating on it, almost like the black crash, but it's pebbled instead. I just don't want to make sure, you don't expect the leather to resemble the dark grey, or matte chocolate. It doesn't come close IMO.

It's an entirely different type of leather and feel.

As for durablity, I would say, it's every bit as durable as a crash leather.

As for feel, There's nothing that compares, to one of Jackie's matte leathers like the dark grey or chocolate matte!

There's pros and cons for each leather. Unfortunately, for most of my leathers, I prefer feel and beauty, that's why the chocolate is my favorite.

That said, I'm very tempted to try a hug me in the black glossy for the durablity factor! That would become my practical, chic handbag!

I hope I helped clarify the differences in leathers a bit more. I just wanted you to understand the black glossy better.

Hmmmm......Matte chocolate in the Hug Me! That might be an option.

Thing is, I'm not a "brown" bag person. I know you keep raving about this leather Lovebags2....how does it compare in texture to the Dark Grey?? Do they "feel" the same????

Hi Contessa,

No, I wouldn't say that the dark grey and choc matte feel exactly the same, but they then again, they do feel somewhat similiar.

The dark grey, has more of a velvety feel.

The choc matte is a "shinier" feel, if there is such a thing as a shiny feel. The choc would be in between the feel of a glossy leather and a dark grey.

Do you agree CityChris?

What makes the choc matte special, isn't just the texture, it's the color. It's the prettiest brown you've ever seen, it has these reddish hues and it's not a monotone color at all.

Yes, I"m considering a black glossy and/or choc matte hug me. I've never owned a hand held handbag before, so this would be very "different" for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the Hug Me tomorrow.

Thanks Lovebags. I can envision what you're describing. I must say I love the velvet-y texture to the dark grey, but I'm fascinated by the variety of colors within the matte chocolate!

Maybe I'll have Jackie send me a sample. I think it would look amazing with Silver hw.

dsrk, I"m so happy to hear that you ordered the choc matte leather and black glossy.

But, I did explain to you all about the black glossy being highly durable, but not that same type of "leathery" feel from most of Jackie's leathers, yes?

The black glossy to me, has some sort of coating on it, almost like the black crash, but it's pebbled instead. I just don't want to make sure, you don't expect the leather to resemble the dark grey, or matte chocolate. It doesn't come close IMO.

It's an entirely different type of leather and feel.

As for durablity, I would say, it's every bit as durable as a crash leather.

As for feel, There's nothing that compares, to one of Jackie's matte leathers like the dark grey or chocolate matte!

There's pros and cons for each leather. Unfortunately, for most of my leathers, I prefer feel and beauty, that's why the chocolate is my favorite.

That said, I'm very tempted to try a hug me in the black glossy for the durablity factor! That would become my practical, chic handbag!

I hope I helped clarify the differences in leathers a bit more. I just wanted you to understand the black glossy better.

Again, lovebags2, thanks for taking the time and making the effort to clarify! Yes, you did mention its coating ~ which adds to its durability factor, and I'm really glad you posted this here for others to learn ~ to help them make their own decisions.

I have yet to experience the dark grey or matte chocolate leathers, although I know I will be happy after your continued great reports about the rich in-depth chocolate with multiple layered hues and the multitude of photos I've seen of the dark grey ~ WOW ~ what a stunning color!!!

And, yes, you did express the difference in leathers between that of the Wine (which is like the Petrol, Purple, Fuchsia, and maybe Flamma Red?), Chocolate (like the Dark Grey and Matte Black), the "Crash" leathers (in a category of their own). It looks like the leather in the Mustard and Pearlised colors are the same with their pebble-textured surface ~ I wonder if the Black Glossy falls into this camp as they all have treated surfaces.

If you have any further light to shed on these leathers lovebags2, please chime in, and thank you again!!!

lovebags2 - your descriptions are so helpful! Although, you are making me want something in matte dark grey, which probably isn't a good thing.

Can you tell me, which black do you prefer? The black glossy or black crash?

Can you guys just picture how gorgeous the Whisper To Me would look in the matte chocolate - with its varied textures and colors overlapping each other on the straps. I imagine it would have a very cool "gladiator feel".

lovebags2 - your descriptions are so helpful! Although, you are making me want something in matte dark grey, which probably isn't a good thing.

Can you tell me, which black do you prefer? The black glossy or black crash?

Can you guys just picture how gorgeous the Whisper To Me would look in the matte chocolate - with its varied textures and colors overlapping each other on the straps. I imagine it would have a very cool "gladiator feel".

OOOOooohh ~ :drool:

I keep telling myself: it's OK to imagine, it's OK to imagine, it's OK to imagine

Hey gals - well,, this is a first for me ... im normally a balenciaga/MJ/choe gal but after finding this thread yesterday im going to order my first ever BE bag!!
Its going to be the Hug Me in Purple Crash.

I love metallics and have been lemming a purple metallic since MJ brought out a similar range in the stam (i missed out and its been a sore point).

Whoo-hoo!

Hey gals - well,, this is a first for me ... im normally a balenciaga/MJ/choe gal but after finding this thread yesterday im going to order my first ever BE bag!!

I love metallics and have been lemming a purple metallic since MJ brought out a similar range in the stam (i missed out and its been a sore point).

Whoo-hoo!

Congratulations ~ the Purple Crash is TDF!!! I ordered this color in the Whisper To Me Midi and the Make Me Smile Midi ~ :yahoo:

Whoo-hoo!

Congrats! The purple crash is AMAZING. I've seen the sample live; you'll love it! Welcome to BE and to the Hug Me club!

thanks gals!! im so excited. I read somewhere that we TPFers get free postage? Please let that be true as im so broke right now (i am gonna have to sell some MJ to afford this)!

One other thing - would you liken the hug me to a balenciaga twiggy in shape and the way it falls? Cause one reason i dont like my black twiggy is that if i wear it on my shoulder it looks weird and squashed in ... i want to be able to wear the hug me both ways ...

thanks gals!! im so excited. I read somewhere that we TPFers get free postage? Please let that be true as im so broke right now (i am gonna have to sell some MJ to afford this)!

Yes, we indeed get FREE shipping ~ :yahoo:

The free shipping code is "shipme".

Also mention in the notes/comments box that you are a PF member with your screen-name.

They ship one bag via Royal Mail and two or more via DHL because of weight restrictions (Royal Mail, that is). I read here that customs duty is hit or miss with Royal Mail, and I can tell you that there is no escape from it with DHL. Figure an additional 8% of your total if you're in the USA.

One other thing - would you liken the hug me to a balenciaga twiggy in shape and the way it falls? Cause one reason i dont like my black twiggy is that if i wear it on my shoulder it looks weird and squashed in ... i want to be able to wear the hug me both ways ...

The Hug Me is an elbow bag. I highly doubt you'd be able to put it on your shoulders so this style might not be for you if you like shoulder bags. Let us know what you eventually decide to get! :smile: