What did you do before you were a stay-at-home mom?

I was an account manager at one of the major printing houses in the country. We printed Playboy (I was NOT the account manager on that one!), Chadwicks, Lerner, Cabella's and many more. But the hours and the travel were too much. I've been home 6 years now and don't regret it at all!

I was the assistant import manager for a company that imported draperies and other window coverings, I did that for 4 years before having my youngest child and staying home. I have been home now for 6 1/2 years.

Before that I was a production assistant for 8 years with Ralph Lauren Hosiery.

I was a marketing manager for a museum. Before that position, I was an event planner and prior to that I was a writer and editor for an oil and gas magazine! WHOO HOO Sounds exciting, eh? LOL Also, you probably would never tell I was a writer with my grammar and spelling errors on here all the time! LMAO

And I also anchored a hispanic news show for about 2 seconds! LOL

I managed luxury apartments in Houston.

I plan on being a SAHM forever now though, unless we open that hypothetical boutique we're discussung in General! LOL! Even then, I'd still consider myself a SAHM.
My DD loves me being a SAHM, I spent most of the day at her school yesterday for the V-Day party!:love:

Some day I would like to be able to say before I was a SAHM I was the Curriculum Coordinator of an elementary school....I am not quite there yet!

Soon-to-be-SAHM :P

Previously I was:
A principal investment trader in credit and interest rate futures and sometimes foreign exchange for an investment bank

The last time I had my card printed it said I was a Director. Whatever that means because I get pushed around by other directors, LOL.

and then

Hedge fund manager (for 2 days, LOL)

My DD loves me being a SAHM, I spent most of the day at her school yesterday for the V-Day party!:love:
Isn't it the best to be able to be "The Mom" who helps with everything at school? My boys are getting older now (6th grade and 4th grade) and the possibilities are still endless. Our school district is always trying to find people to update the website. I am going to learn how to do that so by the time my son gets to high school I will be "The Mom In The Know!"

BTW, I'm a biomedical engineer but when I was working it was mostly electrical engineering and firmware design. Left when I was 30 (birth of first son) and was the youngest project manager they ever had (and a woman at that!). Never, ever thought in a million years that I would quit working out of the house.

Oh I haven't worked for 13 years, but I handled injury claims for an insurance company. The computors then didn't have mice (or is it mouses??). I LOVE staying at home with my kids, I think the last two are going to have to be homeschooled because I can't imagine not having little ones at home (in school all day...yuk!).

I was a Buyer for a major retail company! Traveled a lot and made good money! But would give it up all over again to stay home and play with the kids! I didn't realize how fast all that money goes away...our life has changed completely, in a matter of 2 years we had to sell the house sold the cars. We should have not been living so elaborately anyway it was shameful the money we blew on material things.....I love my life now in my small house (easy to clean) and enjoying my family!