What diaper bag does a bal-lady use??

I have a few I like to use :P

baby.jpg

My Dior (not sure of the name for this tote) is for nice occasions like weddings, church, etc. It's very elegant, and the leather is soft and beautiful. It has 2 compartments separated by a zipper pocket, so it's easy to keep my baby's stuff and my stuff organized. I love this bag :love:

My LV Palermo PM is great for wearing messenger style and when I want to look a little more stylish. I've taken this bag on trips and it's great... no need to worry about messing up the canvas. Most moms would recommend the GM size for the extra room, but I'm pretty petite and the GM was way too big on my frame. I like to pack lightly, so it works out. I use the pouchette for my personal things like keys, wallet, etc.

My Lesportsac Tokidoki Cucciolo (in the Inferno print) is the only diaper bag I own that was made to be a diaper bag. It's lightweight, has a matching diaper pad, and lots of pockets. My husband chose this bag and bought it for me. It's also the only one he's comfortable carrying LOL. I have a small collection of these Toki bags and HE DID GOOD picking this one out :yahoo:

For everyday, grocery store-post office-errand runs, I'm using the Lesportsac small travel tote. It's super light, has pockets on the outside for my phone, keys, etc. It also came with a pouch (I love being organized) that I'm using for his diapers. I also love that I can just throw it in the washer when it gets dirty.

I haven't used the RM MAB Luxe yet, but I've tried fitting his stuff in it and everything fits with room to spare. I'll get to it one day.

The only Bal bag I have that can fit his things is my Ruby Midday. The pic above isn't mine. I haven't used it yet... even though I bought it in 08! I love it though and I will use it.

I'm also expecting a Tempete SGH PT from Erica and I'm going to try and put his things in there too. I'm excited about trying it out, especially since you can wear it messenger style.

As for future diaper bags (I'm addicted!), I'd like to try out the JuJuBe BeTween & PackaBe. I'm also looking at the Chanel On The Road tote.

I'm trying to stick to bags that I'll be able to use after he's a little older and doesn't need all the baby things... but those JuJuBe's look so darn organized and cute!

congrats pasia!
sometimes i use my weekenders to tote around my kids' stuff. i will just keep my personals in a smaller-sized bag (like a first or a clutch) and store it in the weekender so there's only one bag to carry.
good luck :heart:

thank you all for your helping replies :smile:

jilly, love that you showed the inside of your bags too, thank you!

I was also thinking of the LV neverfull, but now you all gave me something to think about...

Handsfree with a baby; I recommend the courier. Would be perfect as diaper bag with the two big pockets and the large main compartment. Congratulations Pasia, how exciting!

I think a city/work/day/courier would make a great diaper/mommy bag. Just pick a dark color and make sure you have a plastic bag and a ziplock bag or two in there to put anything wet into and go about your business. I don't know about Europeans but Americans always seem to be lugging these overnight sized diaper bags around with them. Seriously, how much do you need to go into the grocery store? Put a couple of diapers and a little thing of wipes in your bag and that is all you need. Keep a larger nylon/canvas tote bag in your car with extra supplies if you are driving or in a pocket of your stroller if you are on foot. Then enjoy your bbag! Of course if you are dropping your baby off somewhere you will need something else. Unless you want the babysitter to enjoy your bbag too. :P

I agree with mcs1111's previous post. I usually just use my normal bags for everyday outings, with a plastic bag inside and some diapers and wipes. In Balenciaga I have a city, work, midday, slim, and a '04 non-moto messenger which all function fine for these needs. I also keep a Dwell "transportation" print diaper bag (that matches my son's room) in the car (with a change of clothing, a blanket, and more diapers and wipes) and this clips onto the stroller for longer outings (going to the zoo, shopping, etc). When my son is a bit older if I need to bring along a sippy cup, drink and snacks or baby food I may stick with the bigger bags (work, messenger, and midday) and put all those items in their own small bag and then put that inside a zip lock to make sure there are no spills!

PASIA...........I forgot to congratulate you on having a baby.............that's so wonderful! BTW......my Diaper bag was an LV travel bag with clear plastic lining inside.....with places to put baby bottles, etc. It must have been made for traveling with shampoo, and any bottles that you needed to be upright. It wasn't a baby bag............but, it was sooooo perfect......oh.......that was 32 years ago:true:

I had a Prada diaper bag with my first son. It was a gift from DH to celebrate the impending arrival. It was a functional bag but really too big for everyday getting around town. My second bag was a pretty, functional Tory Burch. I'll try to find a pic if I can. It has been a really great bag except for the zippers. The zippers come all the way apart like a jacket when it's unzipped and it's no fun trying to get it back together when dealing with baby. That being said, I love the bag and would buy it again because of all the pockets, bottle holders, changing pad that are included.

Congratulation! My advice is actually to keep your Bals for your personal Mom-only stuff (consider a cross-body or shoulder style that leaves you hands-free) and get a purpose-designed properly waterproof baby bag. I did diaper changes on bathroom floors and car boots and on the grass at the park and all sorts of places I wouldn't wanted to put an expensive bag on....

I don't have kids yet but I figured someday I might carry LeSportSac bags as diaper bags cos they're more affordable and lightweight? I think they can also withstand baby puke and being thrown around. Foldable, cheery happy colours are also plus points. Or I might use the Longchamp LePliage for the same reasons mentioned above.

Congrats on the arrival of baby!! =D