What details do I need to photograph to prove authenticity for fleabay?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2009
    I've had a XXXX just sitting in the box for over a year now. I've never used it. It's too small, and I got bitten by the Balenciaga bug! So now I'm just gonna suck it up and sell it.

Because it's not a big ticket item, I'm just going to sell it directly on the Bay as opposed to consigning through AFF or whatever to save the consignment fees. I'm not up on LV details, so can you guys tell me what exactly I need to photograph to show potential buyers (as well as the Vero people) that it's the real deal? I have the receipt and everything, is it worth including photos of that as well?

Thanks so much!

2. Sorry, I have to remove the item name.

Take clear pics of the bag (front,side,top,interior), LV heatstamp,date code,zipper pull and any markings on the hardwares. You can include picture of the receipt (black out your personal infos.), tags,dustbag. Good luck with your sale!

3. ^agree.

Just make sure you include lots of high resolution, non-blurry pictures of the bag's details.

4. I understand why you would have to remove the name of the exact item, but I specifically included it because I don't know if there is any particular aspect of that given bag that should be photographed....?

And not to be completely oblivious, but what is the "heat stamp"?

5. "Louis Vuitton made in ____"

6. ^ Excellent! Thank you.

7. I would also recommend taking measurements of the purse and posting them in your description.