What designs are most copied/inspired?

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
I don't mean fake bags or replicas. We are know that there are some classic handbags that seems to inspire other designers to make one similar to it or at least have some details that are the same.

The only two designs that comes to mind for me are the Hermes Kelly and the Chanel Flap. Are there others?

I don't mean fake bags or replicas. We are know that there are some classic handbags that seems to inspire other designers to make one similar to it or at least have some details that are the same.

The only two designs that comes to mind for me are the Hermes Kelly and the Chanel Flap. Are there others?

dozens and dozens and dozens......there are pretty basic/classic shapes that are interpreted and reinterpreted by many designers......

Yes there are dozens and dozens. But I want to know if there was that ONE handbag that started it all.

With the Chanel Flap, the main features (flap, chain handle & quilted look) are often seen in other bags. Everytime I see a bag that is rectangular and quilted, I'm reminded of the Chanel.

If a bag is a trapizoid, then it's the Kelly I think of.

Even the messenger bags were/are inspired by a very ordinary postman's bag. But somehow Gucci has made it synomous with their name. And if someone has never heard of Gucci, they think that Roots started it. lol