What designer "inspired" these bags??

Mar 14, 2006
I was on the Shop Suey website looking for a gift for my young cousin--since she destroys bags and isn't at the age/mentality to appreciate a designer and found some bags that actually appealed to me...

Who are these bags inspired by? They're kinda cute but 50-80 bucks for leather like?

Mahina inspired?

glamour724

O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
East Coast
the third pink one is inspired by chanel coco cabas (the shape and chain) but as far as i know chanel didn't do the pink and the pleats.

Mar 14, 2006
i figured the third was a coco cabas...

i can't place the first though and I think it's cute but i'd rather support the original designer

McLoverly

O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
They're all very cute, but why not get your cousin a quality leather bag not inspired by another designer? TJ Maxx usually has some great finds. $80 for fake leather just seems a bit much.

maybeiloveyou

+++
O.G.
Oct 1, 2007
Southern California
I agree - $50+ for fake leather isn't worth it unless you're against leather products or something similar (like vegans). Target usually has some cute bags that are under $50, or you could always get a nice canvas one from somewhere! How old is your cousin?

Mar 14, 2006
They're all very cute, but why not get your cousin a quality leather bag not inspired by another designer? TJ Maxx usually has some great finds. $80 for fake leather just seems a bit much.

i agree, faux leather at that price isnt worth it. I actually found her a cute Botkier for Target bag.

I'm trying to find the original designer of the above bags for me :P . I like the first one but I'd rather buy the original designer--besides the fact that it's probably leather too. :yes:

I've figured out the 2nd and 3rd are probably takes on the Mahina and Coco Cabs, but I can't figure out where the first came from.

Mar 14, 2006
I agree - $50+ for fake leather isn't worth it unless you're against leather products or something similar (like vegans). Target usually has some cute bags that are under $50, or you could always get a nice canvas one from somewhere! How old is your cousin?
She's 13 but loves bags and all things girly. i actually found her a cute Botkier for Target bag:tup: It's not leather either, but it was only $27