What designer has the most overpriced handbags?

I know most people disagree with me, but I honestly do not see the whole "needs to be leather" thing. Im a huge LV fan and most of their bags are canvas..so what? At this point, whether it be Chanel, LV, Balenciaga, etc., we are not really paying for the materials anymore but for the name. My LV canvas bags have lasted longer than the leather bags I have; I tend to keep my nails long and I always scratch my leather bags but never with the canvas! Its totally scratch and almost totally stain/dirt proof and, IMHO looks great! Since I started carrying LV, im totally sold to the canvas bags and never carry leather anymore...I just meant to say that I dont understand the argument that "its not even leather"!

Sorry for the off-topic but I think Coach is starting to get overpriced and Juicy too!

i totally see your point. for me craftsmanship & quality rank higher than the type of material used. i have had all-leather bags that get very easily scuffed and scratched and stained, that within a few uses it looked totally used. Whereas with my LV canvas bags, they still look great years after use. if it gets banged around or spilled on there is no problem.

Perhaps I'm getting old, but I feel that everything is overpriced these days. When I was young...:P

LOL, everything IS overpriced I think.
Sometimes, I think with $1000, I can almost purchase a nice leather chair, and think about how much leather and workmanship goes into that chair. I would bet it's more expensive than a handbag!

I try to use this to convince myself not to overspend. But still, the evil little me win most of the time.

Everyone will disagree with me but I am going to say Chanel. I love Chanel. I love the idea of Chanel. I buy the ballerina flats but when it came to spending $3000 for a bag, I just could not do it although I came close. I look at them and yes, it's Chanel, but $3000. With two or three price increases a year. Just, wow.

ITA with this. i have their famous flats too but their bags are just like woah! :wacko:

I agree all designer bags are overpriced. But if I have to pick one I would say Hermes Birkin. I love Birkin, but I really think paying >$9000 for a bag just does not make any sense to me (how much can you charge for craftmanship and material?). Although like every other girl (and some guys too) on this planet I would die to get my hands on one. haha~

There's an hermes violet crocodile on evilbay for 3x the cost of my car...
You could have 337500 crispy wendy's chicken nuggets... or give 13,500 kids a $5 lunch...

perspective much?
I could have had 2,500 crispy chicken nuggets with my latest bag purchase... hahaha ;P or fed myself really well for a month :X

Maybe the overprice is not decided by the designer, but by people, some people mentally need this overpriced handbags to make them happy or just to show how i am different from other people, so that's it !

^^ I agree with the above.

I will spend quite a lot of money to get a nice leather bag, which has a style I like. I own a lot of Furla bags that aren't that expensive, but still wonderfully made and beautiful. In Furla's case the brand isn't that regognized and you don't have to pay too much for the name, which I like, but you can't help the fact that some brands like YSL, Hermes and Prada have such beautiful styles that occasionally you are willing to pay for the name. But I personally have to find a bag that I really like to spend that money. And sadly bags from most likeable designers are overpriced, but we enable them to keep those prices so high because we keep buying :idea:. Its a really vicious cycle that one

I lóve LV, but I do have to say that I think most of the bags are way overpriced. I totally agree with iluvmybags - they're classic, they're beautiful, but let's face it: It's CANVAS! For that price you should get an all leather bag...

Geez-where do I start...I am with lot of people that say all of them. Canvas for thousands? Give me a break. Birkin or a car? Right. On a lower end, I would say that I saw a Hype bag in the store the other day and thought it was hideous. It looked like it was plastic, but was leather. The color and texture of this thing truly reminded me of Wal-Mart. And Coach? What happened to them, anyway? I swear their bags have doubled in price. I never bought one before, because I am not a fan, but I looked at a tag on one that I thought was kind of cute and it was WAY more than I remembered them being. Oh, and Dooneys. Not the leather ones, really, but those hideous multicolored ones. I wouldn't carry one if it was free. I know they were aimed at a younger crowd but I have seen some older women with them and found it to be tragic.:wtf:

Dont kill me! hahaha I think some Chanels are overly priced (although I really want one) I still think they really are expensive, and keep going up due to price increases!

I think one thats worth it is probably the GST. The flaps are just way too expensive now, for me at least. I wouldnt mind one though ;]

I know most people disagree with me, but I honestly do not see the whole "needs to be leather" thing. Im a huge LV fan and most of their bags are canvas..so what? At this point, whether it be Chanel, LV, Balenciaga, etc., we are not really paying for the materials anymore but for the name. My LV canvas bags have lasted longer than the leather bags I have; I tend to keep my nails long and I always scratch my leather bags but never with the canvas! Its totally scratch and almost totally stain/dirt proof and, IMHO looks great! Since I started carrying LV, im totally sold to the canvas bags and never carry leather anymore...I just meant to say that I dont understand the argument that "its not even leather"!

Sorry for the off-topic but I think Coach is starting to get overpriced and Juicy too!

I understand what you mean - some of my favorite bags are canvas, not leather. However, as much as I love LV, their retails costs are something like 13 times the cost of production. That means that a bag that sells for $1000 costs less than $77 to make. THAT is the part that bothers me!

I think all of the designer bags are overpriced. But they will charge big bucks as long as we keep paying big bucks. But honestly, imo, there seems to be a lot of fashion items overpriced. Not just handbags. Clothing especially.