What compliments have you gotten?

bekahashlea

I love that!
O.G.
Jul 7, 2008
I wanna post a new thread called the "Compliment" Thread. I'm not sure if we already have something like this on here, so if we do then...oh well, i guess!! :P
I think it would be fun to hear about the people you get compliments from and where you were at and what bag you were carrying, etc... I know i would love to hear your stories!!
I'll go first:
Last night i was at the mall with my mom doing some shopping and i went to Forever 21. I found a few things and when i went to the register to pay, there was a girl (prob 18 or 19) with an accent and she said "i like your beg" and i was like "what" and she said it again and i finally understood! And then she asked me how much i paid for it :shame: and i just said "a lot" ;) and she goes "oh, well whatever you spent on it was WELL WORTH IT!"
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:
Oh and i was carrying my Silver Montego :heart:

I've started getting complements even through other people's bags! Let me explain. Most people who know anything about me know of my love for designer handbags. In fact, some guy (we're cool but not really "friends". we run in a lot of the same circles though) started calling me Gucci Bags last year, which is funny since I don't own any Gucci bags but whatever. The nickname kinda stuck and now a lot of our mutual male friends call me Gucci Bags. So this is what happened...

My friend was out and carrying her Rasta Mandeville. I sold it to her last year. One of our mutual guy friends was like "That's tight...you borrowed that from Gucci Bags?" Lmao!! She was sooo mad. She said "THIS IS MY BAG!"

Another example. Another friend recently bought herself a White Leopard Ashton when they first went on sale at Nordies a couple months back. She loved WL ever since she saw a pic in my phone of me modeling a WL Rowington. And this guy told her it was cute what kind of bag was it. She said LAMB and he said "Oh Knaz got you hip to that huh?" Lmao!

It's funny. Any time one of my friends has a cute designer bag I somehow become attached to it!

I mentioned my LAMB watch (the black and white leather logo watch) incident at customs in one of the threads.

The SA's at the Coach boutique love my LAMB bags! lol

This SA at the Guess boutique liked my Cheetah mandeville - he told me he's a huge Gwen fan and own a couple of LAMB watches. I just thought how it's weird in my town, only a guy would know what a LAMB bag looks like.

One time, I had to bring in one of my watches to get the battery replaced and this CS saw my Saddle Oxford and told me she really liked my bag but she had no idea what designer it was - I told her it was LAMB and she kind of freaked out and thought it was so cool. Then she added in she would never spend that kind of money on a bag.:Push:

At Costco, the CS really like my Saddle Oxford too and she thought it looked really unique but then added that she wouldn't spend that much on a bag (after she asked me how much it costed).

I don't know people keep adding that comment in after the compliment.:shrugs:

I've had two incidents while at work:

Once, I was filling in at another local college campus and I didn't really have my own "office" so I just hid my Cheetah Mandeville under my desk by my feet.
A girl came in and saw the bag and said "Oh my god, you have that bag?"
Me: giggles coyly
Her: When did you get it?
me: just a few weeks ago from Nordstrom
Her: Do you have all the accessories too?"
I said: yes, I had to
....she continued to gush "Do you know how fast those sold out?"
I laughed and said "I know, my SA had to hunt one down in Michigan or Minnesota or something like that".
...she looks confused, then says "OH, I know who you are! My twin works at Nordstrom and she told me about the girl that bought two bags with matching wallets, key pouches and everything and said something like 'find me the LAMB, call all over the country, I don't care - just hunt them down' - - all the girls are jealous that you did that!" :P

BUT...the best compliment ever:

I walked into class with my Saddle St. Thomas Tote and had all my books, notes, rosters, etc. It was still fairly early in the semester, so I had all my stuff with me. Normally, I just have my notes. so, just as I'm getting started to lecture, two female students near the front of the lecture hall students start whispering, looking at each other, laughing, then back at me. I catch them and say "What's with the whispers - come on, share the gossip. So what's up?"

One says "that's a LAMB huh?". I smiled, and before I could answer, the other said "Damn, I'm going to stay in school and get my degree so that when I grow up I can get fabulous handbags like you professor" :cutesy:

I've had two incidents while at work:

Once, I was filling in at another local college campus and I didn't really have my own "office" so I just hid my Cheetah Mandeville under my desk by my feet.
A girl came in and saw the bag and said "Oh my god, you have that bag?"
Me: giggles coyly
Her: When did you get it?
me: just a few weeks ago from Nordstrom
Her: Do you have all the accessories too?"
I said: yes, I had to
....she continued to gush "Do you know how fast those sold out?"
I laughed and said "I know, my SA had to hunt one down in Michigan or Minnesota or something like that".
...she looks confused, then says "OH, I know who you are! My twin works at Nordstrom and she told me about the girl that bought two bags with matching wallets, key pouches and everything and said something like 'find me the LAMB, call all over the country, I don't care - just hunt them down' - - all the girls are jealous that you did that!" :P

BUT...the best compliment ever:

I walked into class with my Saddle St. Thomas Tote and had all my books, notes, rosters, etc. It was still fairly early in the semester, so I had all my stuff with me. Normally, I just have my notes. so, just as I'm getting started to lecture, two female students near the front of the lecture hall students start whispering, looking at each other, laughing, then back at me. I catch them and say "What's with the whispers - come on, share the gossip. So what's up?"

One says "that's a LAMB huh?". I smiled, and before I could answer, the other said "Damn, I'm going to stay in school and get my degree so that when I grow up I can get fabulous handbags like you professor" :cutesy:

See, LAMB totally boosts academic achievements!:tup:

My favorite place to go for L.A.M.B. compliments is the tanning salon. The girls that work in there probably average 20 years old and every time I come in they call me over to look at my whatever L.A.M.B. I am carrying that day and they seriously go crazy over them. It's very fun and flattering too!

I went to the Coach Outlet today, and a lady who works there very quietly complimented me on my Logo Wiltshire. I'm pretty sure she's the same woman who complimented me on my Cheetah Mandeville a few months ago. So I gave made sure I said she helped me when I checked out.

Today I was at my aunts house and my other aunt came to visit. I had my L.A.M.B Rowington on the table and my one aunt asks "is that Kee's (my nickname) bag?" Then goes to say that is beautiful. My other aunt said she liked the same bag a few weeks prior....I thought it was funny that they would like it especially that print....lol

I mentioned my LAMB watch (the black and white leather logo watch) incident at customs in one of the threads.

The SA's at the Coach boutique love my LAMB bags! lol

This SA at the Guess boutique liked my Cheetah mandeville - he told me he's a huge Gwen fan and own a couple of LAMB watches. I just thought how it's weird in my town, only a guy would know what a LAMB bag looks like.

One time, I had to bring in one of my watches to get the battery replaced and this CS saw my Saddle Oxford and told me she really liked my bag but she had no idea what designer it was - I told her it was LAMB and she kind of freaked out and thought it was so cool. Then she added in she would never spend that kind of money on a bag.:Push:

At Costco, the CS really like my Saddle Oxford too and she thought it looked really unique but then added that she wouldn't spend that much on a bag (after she asked me how much it costed).

I don't know people keep adding that comment in after the compliment.:shrugs:

GhstDreamer, that happens to me all the time. Someone will compliment my bag, or wallet, and then they'd throw in "I wouldn't spend that much on a bag" that's why I kinda don't tell anyone how much it costs...but I live in a small town, so who knows really.:confused1:

That's why i always answer "a lot" to that question!! I never tell anyone (unless they are a close friend...or all my Lambies on here!!!:winkiss:) the exact amount. Keep them guessin!

2 Different things happened to me in one shopping trip:

First: I was at Nordies Rack looking around and i saw this lady walk in carrying a Saddle St. Thomas! I have NEVER seen anyone IRL carrying that bag and it's one i have so i got really excited! Well i kinda stalked her and watched her! And then i went up to her and i go "So, are you addicted yet" and she goes "Oh my Gosh, yes!" And then we both talked about our bags!! I was carrying my Lipstick Westfield!

Second- I was at Victorias Secret lookin for my 5 for 25 panties in the PINK bin (gotta LOVE that promotion!!!) and some sales lady swoops by me and she goes "Gorgeous bag".

I LOVE my Westfield!! That bag has been my sidekick for the last week! It holds EVERYTHING!!!!!