What comes with a birkin please?

Jan 7, 2008
Hi, I'm new at Hermes. I just received my very 1st birkin and was wondering what comes with it? What I have received are the following: box, 1 dust bag for the bag, 1 dust bag for the lock and keys, clochette holder, tan color felt cloth(shouldn't this be orange?). I read from the other thread that it should come with rain kit, pillow & blanket for the bag. I did not receive this. Can someone please send me a picture or describe to me what these are so I can call my SA and ask her about it.

Thanks in advance.

Normally with a Birkin, you will receive all you have got, and a rain kit as well. The rain kit is a little plastic rain coat that you can put over the Birkin. As for pillow for the bag, I think that refers to the little air pillow that's used to stuff the inside of the Birkin when it's lying in the box. Not sure about blanket, is that just the paper padding?

Thanks Mudmud. If the pillow is the air plastic that comes inside the bag, then I have received that as well. I am just missing the rain kit and still not sure what the blanket is. Can someone please help. thanks!

The pillow you are referring to is the acid free tissue paper in the box that supports the bag while it is inside the box. Don't understand what you mean by a blanket, though.

I searched the archive and most people said it comes with a blanket. Don't really know what it is since this is my first birkin. So I guess this is really not that important. I just have to ask for the rain kit. Thanks mistikat!

I searched the archive and most people said it comes with a blanket. Don't really know what it is since this is my first birkin. So I guess this is really not that important. I just have to ask for the rain kit. Thanks mistikat!

This is the first time I have heard about a blanket. Which thread were you reading? Which store in Australia did you buy your birkin from?

Last edited:
Don't know what search terms you were using since I didn't find anything like that when I just looked through the archive.

If the bag was bought at the store, I imagine it came with everything it was supposed to have.

Yes it was bought in Gold Coast, hermes.

Sorry I have read so much that I can't remember which thread I read it from. Until now, I still do not understand everything I have to know about hermes. :confused1:

mrssparkles, i would love to share a pic of my new birkin but i have to figure out how to post pictures. As soon as i figure it out, I will definitely post it.

Thanks again!