What colours to wear with Lavender Rosemary?

Guess the title says it all really :smile: Help!

I was so drawn to lavender rosy when I bought her 18 months ago, but I'm sorry to say she has had very little use and it's bugging me. I really find her colour hard to match with my clothes. She got a couple of outings this summer with a shirt that picked up her colour (base pale green) and jeans but otherwise I'm stuck.

Pale green seems to work ok on me if I use her, but I just can't work out other colours to wear with her? I'm also not quite sure if she's a formal or casual bag. :thinking:

Any ideas please? I know I'm not loving her at the moment, but I think I might regret it if I sold her.

I find any pinkish tones work really well with greys and blacks.
Also, it should look good against neutrals like beiges, browns and taupe.
Especially in winter, when people wear more muted shades, you can use lavender Rosy to give a pop of colour to your wardrobe.

I agree with all the suggestions from mssw157! It's a shame you don't use Rosemary, you should just get it out and use it, regardless. You sound like me in worrying too much about matching colours together, but you see some people with a whole rainbow of colours and they look fine. So just enjoy it :biggrin:

Hi oystergirl

I used to have a lavender Blenheim (in fact it was the first Mulberry I ever bought!:love:) but I had the same problem, and I found that I spent more time just looking at the bag than I did actually using it. I then decided to rehome it, although I put it on eBay twice and then withdrew it before it sold before I actually did sell it - sounds silly but there was a huge emotional attachment being as it was my first Mulberry!:nuts:

The girl I eventually sold it to was absolutely thrilled (it was her first Mulberry as well) which made me feel a lot better, and I've never missed it so it was obviously the right decision for me. It may sound harsh but IMO life's too short and there are plenty of bags out there, so rather than trying to make yourself love it go and find one that will work better for you, rather than letting it bug you!:biggrin:

Hi oystergirl

I used to have a lavender Blenheim (in fact it was the first Mulberry I ever bought!:love:) but I had the same problem, and I found that I spent more time just looking at the bag than I did actually using it. I then decided to rehome it, although I put it on eBay twice and then withdrew it before it sold before I actually did sell it - sounds silly but there was a huge emotional attachment being as it was my first Mulberry!:nuts:

The girl I eventually sold it to was absolutely thrilled (it was her first Mulberry as well) which made me feel a lot better, and I've never missed it so it was obviously the right decision for me. It may sound harsh but IMO life's too short and there are plenty of bags out there, so rather than trying to make yourself love it go and find one that will work better for you, rather than letting it bug you!:biggrin:

I totally agree with MF, i just re-homed Mitzy messenger because i never used it. I replaced it with a choc Langham and have already used it lots and lots!

Hi Oystergirl, you obviously love Rosemary as a style, if lavendar is too difficult to wear, would you get more use with a Rosemary in oak or chocolate? If you think its the colour holding you back and not the style, perhaps considering selling lavendar to fund a colour in Rosy that you would use?

x

Hi Oystergirl

I know how you feel - sometimes I feel so colour unco-ordinated, I don't know how other put colours together naturally.

Hence my house is beige all over LOL!

Could we have a pic of the bag, as I understand there's 2 different colours referred to as Lavender, and perhaps this may help with some suggested colours?

I love lavendar with various shades of brown as well. I think it's gorgous with blues from the mid-range to dark tones as well. Lavendar can be quite functional. Just don't get too entranched in the whole "matchy" approach.

I love lavendar with various shades of brown as well. I think it's gorgous with blues from the mid-range to dark tones as well. Lavendar can be quite functional. Just don't get too entranched in the whole "matchy" approach.

Oooh good advice kmarney! I think we definitely do all get a bit bogged down in the whole "matchy" thing as you call it, especially matching bags to shoes/boots (well I know I do anyway!!!:nuts:)

I have two lavendar bags - a rosemary and a phoebe and I use them all the time - wear denim alot in the winter (skirts with boots & jeans) and in the summer alot of white. Works well with most colours in my oppinion and adds a bit of pop. Admitedly I haven't used them much since the weather turned wintry - but thats probably because I have other bags.

Thank you all for your replies and the great advice - much appreciated. Today, I got Rosy out and concentrating on the greys and purples in my wardrobe I just went for it! OK -her first visit in months was to the hospital, but at least I felt great holding her :biggrin:

I've also looked through my wardrobe for the browns and navy blues - for some reason I didn't think of those colours.

I have to say that I do fiind mixing colours in my wardrobe a bit perplexing - although I love them. I'm a woman with a very beige house too, Lady F - I can relate to that :smile:

I am going to make sure that I use her more though - if that doesn't work out, I think the advice to rehome her would be sound as she's too lovely to be hidden away and yes, if you gave me the choice now of a lavender Rosy or an oak one I think I'd choose the latter.

Once again - many thanks - so glad I joined the forum :smile:

Thank you all for your replies and the great advice - much appreciated. Today, I got Rosy out and concentrating on the greys and purples in my wardrobe I just went for it! OK -her first visit in months was to the hospital, but at least I felt great holding her :biggrin:

I've also looked through my wardrobe for the browns and navy blues - for some reason I didn't think of those colours.

I have to say that I do fiind mixing colours in my wardrobe a bit perplexing - although I love them. I'm a woman with a very beige house too, Lady F - I can relate to that :smile:

I am going to make sure that I use her more though - if that doesn't work out, I think the advice to rehome her would be sound as she's too lovely to be hidden away and yes, if you gave me the choice now of a lavender Rosy or an oak one I think I'd choose the latter.

Once again - many thanks - so glad I joined the forum :smile:

We're glad you joined too oystergirl - we all love trying to sort out someone else's dilemma!!!! :nuts: