What colors to wear with yellow?

COPENHAGEN

Aug 29, 2012
I just got a lemon yellow Proenza Schouler PS1 Tiny bag, and now I'm looking for ideas on how to style it.

Is black to harsh (and will it be to bee-ish with yellow? :P)

Any suggestions will be much appreciated, and if you have any pictures of colors worn with yellow please do post them :smile:

Personally I'm thinking about grey and maybe navy blue but thats about as far as I've come...

Attachments

• 502979103_product_1.jpg
    502979103_product_1.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 474
I think there are almost no colors that don't go with yellow. I love it with green,blue,black,brown. Find a print with yellow in it and check out all the other colors in the print to really get some ideas.

I got an older style Balenciaga Purse and had a difficult time figuring out how to wear it. I decided that muted colors were best and grey is a big favorite.
First image is Paul Harnden yellow jacket and Prada high tops.
The second image is Rick Owens..can't remember the shawl.

I agree with you that yellow and black can be too bee-like. But as an accent it seems to work.

Also, I think it would look great with dark tan, like a deep saddle color.

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2735083&stc=1&d=1409407028

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2735086&stc=1&d=1409407075

Attachments

• yellow crop.jpg
    yellow crop.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 418
  • yellow crop crop 2.jpg
    yellow crop crop 2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 410
I have a mustard yellow bag (slightly darker shade than yours) - I won't list all the colour combos I have worn it with but have to say I also doubted about what it would go with, but it would be one of my most used bag - it's very neutral and just seems to add the right pop of colour when needed.

Thank you so much for your suggestions! Many of them haven't crossed my mind - I'm already working on new outfit ideas now :biggrin: Will see if I can upload pics of some outfits with the bag when it arrives and have you guys help me out ;)

Maxxout, thanks for the pictures, you look great :tup:

How about a white or striped tee and jeans?

NXu3aIE.jpg

I really love yellow, and I have a yellow bag too, that I match with white tees and shorts in yellow colour, or pink colour, or white colour. But I am careful about colour transfer, so only light colours all the time.