What colors to wear with yellow?

COPENHAGEN

Aug 29, 2012
Northern Europe
I just got a lemon yellow Proenza Schouler PS1 Tiny bag, and now I'm looking for ideas on how to style it.

Is black to harsh (and will it be to bee-ish with yellow? :P)

Any suggestions will be much appreciated, and if you have any pictures of colors worn with yellow please do post them :smile:

Personally I'm thinking about grey and maybe navy blue but thats about as far as I've come...

Attachments

Gerry

O.G.
May 1, 2007
I think there are almost no colors that don't go with yellow. I love it with green,blue,black,brown. Find a print with yellow in it and check out all the other colors in the print to really get some ideas.

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Navy blue / gray for sure, but ivory, beige, brown, maroon, all work too.

Gorgeous bag btw!

AEGIS

lettin' them have it
Nov 29, 2010
i will second navy blue if you want to do a neutral. it will look good with black and white too. red also pops

Eva1991

Oct 12, 2011
Europe
Navy blue is a great choice and so is denim (either light or dark). I'd also pair it with dark green.

maxxout

K 28 size reference
O.G.
Mar 27, 2010
I got an older style Balenciaga Purse and had a difficult time figuring out how to wear it. I decided that muted colors were best and grey is a big favorite.
First image is Paul Harnden yellow jacket and Prada high tops.
The second image is Rick Owens..can't remember the shawl.

I agree with you that yellow and black can be too bee-like. But as an accent it seems to work.

Also, I think it would look great with dark tan, like a deep saddle color.

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2735083&stc=1&d=1409407028

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2735086&stc=1&d=1409407075

Attachments

Princess Pink

Oct 3, 2007
I have a mustard yellow bag (slightly darker shade than yours) - I won't list all the colour combos I have worn it with but have to say I also doubted about what it would go with, but it would be one of my most used bag - it's very neutral and just seems to add the right pop of colour when needed.

COPENHAGEN

Aug 29, 2012
Northern Europe
Thank you so much for your suggestions! Many of them haven't crossed my mind - I'm already working on new outfit ideas now :biggrin: Will see if I can upload pics of some outfits with the bag when it arrives and have you guys help me out ;)

Maxxout, thanks for the pictures, you look great :tup:

green.bee

O.G.
Aug 9, 2010
^^^ I am glad you like it. In my opinion the simples outfits are the best. Here it is another one from Afterdark blog:

babysunshine

Aug 20, 2014
Singapore
I really love yellow, and I have a yellow bag too, that I match with white tees and shorts in yellow colour, or pink colour, or white colour. But I am careful about colour transfer, so only light colours all the time.