What colors to wear with rough garrance?

Mar 21, 2008
I have a 32 chocolate togo kelly and a 32 blue de prusse kelly, which I am comfortable with. My husband suggested that I should have a red birkin, which I would never have chosen for myself. Soooo, big 35 clemence rouge garrance phw birkin and I are getting used to each other. My husband and daughter think she is a spectacular color and really suits me. However, I have always liked being a little more subdued. I used her today while wearing my jeans, white t-shirt and blue and white chiffon scarf. I felt a little like a walking version of the American flag. What colors do you knowledgeable, fashionable people like to pair with rouge garrance?

Attachments

• IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 232
Congratulations English3222! I also have the same combination in a 40 cm birkin. It is a stunning red color. For casuals, how about carrying it with a pair of blue jeans and white chemise. Also, this combination looks beautiful paired in any shade of grey or beige ensemble. For the evening, you can carry it with black or dark grey dress. Sometimes, it takes a little bit of getting used to red as your daily bag when you are more accustomed to bags in subdued and neutral colors.

With a red birkin, you really don't need to add more color to one's ensemble. It's like putting a rouge on one's lips which can liven up one's face for the evening.

I have the same bag in Togo and find that it looks wonderful with taupe, chocolate brown, khaki, gray and black, of course. I have to admit that I avoid wearing it with navy in fear of being mistaken for a flag! Don't get me wrong, I'm as patriotic as the next, but I stay away from dressing in red, white and blue. RG does look great with denim and jeans, though. Try jeans, a khaki or tan shirt and that red Birkin.

Enjoy your new bag. (It does look terrific with your gorgeous snowy white poodle, even though he/she seems to find it a bit boring!)

Last edited:
I like all the suggestions so far! I would never thought of tan or khaki. My funny white poodle was sunbathing and did not want to be disturbed:heart: My apricot poodle thought that she does not go with the red, so she stayed out of the picture.

i have a red birkie and I use it with so many colors: white, navy, black, gray, beige, tan, brown... if your bold enough match it with yellow or torquoise for that pop of color. It also goes well with prints! Enjoy it! Nice combo!

I have a Rouge Garrance PHW 30 Birkin and I wear her with almost every color. Blue, black, white, green, orange...etc. She is so versatile! I mostly wear jeans.
Don't be afraid being creative!! :tup:

Since I like to dress a little on the funky side, I would totally wear it with Green and Yellow. (ode to the rasta look)

Or just all black. It would really make the bag standout.

Try a more muted tone on tone look with the rouge garrance, like a beige on camel or camel and white? I agree, red white and blue are not really a good thing to do. I too would feel too flaggy. My fav thing to wear with red is actually tone on tone greys. It's a bit early in the season, but oh, it's my fav. I think red and black are often too stark a difference for me.

Try a more muted tone on tone look with the rouge garrance, like a beige on camel or camel and white? I agree, red white and blue are not really a good thing to do. I too would feel too flaggy. My fav thing to wear with red is actually tone on tone greys. It's a bit early in the season, but oh, it's my fav. I think red and black are often too stark a difference for me.

I feel the same way about red and black, it is a bit harsh next to my very pale skin and general lack of makeup. My husband likes the greys, he says it would be a good combo. Right now my hair is dark brown, but being over 50 and never having colored my hair, I know that the grey hair is in the not so distant future. Thus my fear of grey. Maybe I should get over it! I really appreciate all the ideas so far. I have never been a fashionista and admire the tpf for giving me lots of inspiration.

This looks is one of my favorites: a navy blue-white striped sailor tee, white capri pants, and a red bag (alas, your 35 rouge garrance would fit the pic very nicely!! Wear a head scarf ala Jacky O, and pair it with silver flats.

This makes me more want a Rouge G birkin...

attachment.php

I think it goes well with black, dark grey, white.

This looks is one of my favorites: a navy blue-white striped sailor tee, white capri pants, and a red bag (alas, your 35 rouge garrance would fit the pic very nicely!! Wear a head scarf ala Jacky O, and pair it with silver flats.

Yes, yes, silver flats, head scarf, great suggestion:tup: could not do the stripe t though, I don't have your lovely figure. (Big boobs and stripes = bad combination!!)