what color should i buy in the lindsey the plum patant or desert?

Bag Me

O.G.
Jul 26, 2006
USA
I just rec'd my Lindsey Desert minutes ago, everyone in my office loves the Desert! So happy I purchase the the bag before I saw the color. I wanted something new moving forward to spring.

I think you will be happy with either color...both are great.

emilybug

purse fickle
O.G.
Feb 21, 2010
Tulsa
Plum patent. It's so vibrant and bright.
The desert reminds me of something that's had the life sucked out of it. Sorry to those who love it, it's just my morbid thinking!

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I say Desert...the plum is pretty but I have a strong aversion to smooth patent which IMO is a magnet for dust and fingerprints. I cannot wait to see the Desert color in real life...plus it is a great neutral going into spring/summer

Roro

King of the House
O.G.
Oct 20, 2007
Between a FP store and an outlet
As a fan of the smooth patent, and a lover of purple, I have to vote for the plum patent. I have the bag and it gets compliments everywhere. I have more bags than I can count in the smooth patent and have no problem with dust or fingerprints. I can carry it with no worry in the rain or snow--just wipe it dry. Frankly, I'm not a pastel kind of gal so nothing pale and pretty ever catches my eye. I like strong colors and that is the plum. Good luck with your decision.

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
The plum is gorgeous! I get a ton of compliments on mine. The patent is indestructible.

ashleyroe

back from a hiatus!
Aug 26, 2009
massachusetts
normally i'd always vote for plum.

howeverrrrr, is desert a patent leather or regular?

i think the lindsey is meant to be a smooshy soft cuddly bag. and the plum patent is some what rigid, which i why i bought a structured bag like abigail in plum.

so i guess i vote desert lindsey!

livestar23

O.G.
Oct 11, 2006
ashleyroe said:
normally i'd always vote for plum.

howeverrrrr, is desert a patent leather or regular?

i think the lindsey is meant to be a smooshy soft cuddly bag. and the plum patent is some what rigid, which i why i bought a structured bag like abigail in plum.

so i guess i vote desert lindsey!
I would have to agree that the Lindsey should be squishy. There is something about the Lindsey in patent that I am questioning (I just got her in orchid and am on the fence. Love the color but can't get over the fact that I want her to be squishy.).

With that being said, I love the patent plum. That bag is what drew me back into Coach after a couple year hiatus. She is gorgeous!!! Definitely an eye catching color. So far the desert doesn't wow me, but I haven't seen it IRL.