What color shoes with red bag?

1. I usually wear black shoes with black bag, brown shoes with brown bag, etc.

This year I ended up buying some red bags (Balanciaga city, Tanno Bow Derek) and I don't know what shoes will work with them.

The burgundy to merlot color that I am wearing in my avatar is my "normal" red and I am just up a creek with these really bright bags because I am afraid that bright red shoes AND a bright red bag will look too much.

For casual, I know I can wear brown & it looks fine, but I don't know what to wear for going out.

THANKS!

2. As long as you don't wear green, any color works. Wearing green shoes with a red bag.....can you say MERRY CHRISTMAS?!!

Red bags can be tricky to pull off, but with the right outfit and shoes, it is a HOT look! I tend to avoid wearing pink (Valentines looking) or purple (Red Hat Society look-though I'm eligible ;) ), but beyond that as long as you stick with minimalist prints or neutral colors (gray looks GOOD with hot red), you'll be fine.

After thought: do you have any shoes with a pattern that have a touch of red in the pattern? Or a pair or Louboutins? You put that red bag with any Louboutin shoe and you've got your tie-in color every time you take a step. Very cool.:supacool:

3. ^^ Luckily for my bank account, I can't wear CL shoes, the toebox is too narrow!

But I love the idea of shoes with a little red accent.

Thanks!

4. The trick is, you don't have to match your shoes with your bags. When you don't match your shoes and bags, use a color wheel to find the contrasting color. For instance, blue and orange, purple and green, etc. You can also wear a multicolored shoe with a hint of red in it.

5. I tend to wear black, brown, chestnut, or tan shoes, or boots, with red.

You could also wear grey, or anthracite. :yes:

I think bright red is a big enough colour statement, without adding more bright colours! :biggrin:

Edited to add: Having said that, I used to wear my BV bright red and black bag with a striped red, black, red-purple and pale pink Sonia Rykiel scarf. I think that worked, because it was a scarf (not shoes) and two of the colours already tied in. I also only wore them with plain black all over (including my boots). You have to be careful, IMO, especially with coloured shoes!

6. Leopard print shoes go great with a red handbag!

7. ^^ thanks! I saw some cute ones by Jeffrey Campbell on Zappos, might have to give them a try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice