what color of handbag match with red coat?

kellynt

Apr 3, 2012
hi evryone, im going on a 5 days trip to canada in march. it will still be cold so i plan on to wear my fav. red coat, but i dont want to wear a black handbag. i really want a great pop ofcolor to stand out in the crowd as i will be taking lots of picture. im not sure what color of bag will go with my red coat and all my outfit. colors of my outfit to bring on this trip will be: red, black, hot pink, mint, green and purple. im thinking of buying either a lavender or light pink bag but not sure if it will match. im only going to buy one, i dont want to change bag every time. please help me pick a color choice that go with all my outfit. thank you

I guess it depends on the red hue of your coat?

For more blue red -or- berry red coat, maybe a turquoise bag (1st pic)

For more orange red -or- tomato red coat, maybe a fuchsia bag (2nd pic)

contrast = *pop*

Attachments

• ania-mug-turquoise-berry.jpg
    ania-mug-turquoise-berry.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,756
  • orange fuchsia.jpg
    orange fuchsia.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,833
Purple or pink will clash really badly with the red coat. If you don't want to use a black bag, maybe beige or white.

I agree with Redskynight. No purple or pink, for sure... A dark green bag would be lovely, I think...

Camel or khaki would be nice with those colors, in the right shade.

If you're not afraid of colot transfer, bright white would look great. You'll also be Canada colours too :smile:

I guess it depends on the red hue of your coat?

For more blue red -or- berry red coat, maybe a turquoise bag (1st pic)

For more orange red -or- tomato red coat, maybe a fuchsia bag (2nd pic)

contrast = *pop*

thank you everyone for your color ideas

im not sure if my red had blue tone or orange, im not very good w colors. im looking on ebay now for bags, if you ladies have any bag in mind could you please kindly let me know? i dont want any designer bag because this will be an all girls trip. i dont feel safe wearing designer handbag around a place so new to me :smile: tia:smile:

here is a picture of my coat that i will bring on the trip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,640
oh how pretty and feminine, it looks more like a tiny bit of orange... actually more like pink-orange red on my monitor. I think you need a feminine bag with a top handle, or a small/medium bag on chains.

Would these pics help with the color decision? Good Luck!

Attachments

• black-alexander-wang-boots-burnt-orange-h-m-trend-dress-red-h-m-trend-coat_400.jpg
    black-alexander-wang-boots-burnt-orange-h-m-trend-dress-red-h-m-trend-coat_400.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,857
  • blair-waldorf-oscar-de-la-renta-paris.jpg
    blair-waldorf-oscar-de-la-renta-paris.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,930
Why not a Lonchamp Le PLiage?
It's trendy, elegant, light weight, roomy, waterproof and durable!
The perfect bag when you have to walk all day and do a little shopping....

oh how pretty and feminine, it looks more like a tiny bit of orange... actually more like pink-orange red on my monitor. I think you need a feminine bag with a top handle, or a small/medium bag on chains.

Would these pics help with the color decision? Good Luck!

thank you, i love the color coordinate in the pics you posted, i love how the torqousie add a pop of color to her red coat

Why not a Lonchamp Le PLiage?
It's trendy, elegant, light weight, roomy, waterproof and durable!
The perfect bag when you have to walk all day and do a little shopping....

i never heard of lonhamp, let me look into that, thank you

I say black or black and white contrast go for a bold look with a pattern but keep the black and white theme. It show a statement of sheik with sophistication. That's just me though at the end of the day go with your gut.

I say black or black and white contrast go for a bold look with a pattern but keep the black and white theme. It show a statement of sheik with sophistication. That's just me though at the end of the day go with your gut.

Thank you for your suggestion. Im not quite understand what you mean. If you dont mind, could you please give me a picture example? Thanks again.

I've been searching high and low for the "it" bag, but nothing catch my eyes yet.;)

Actually your red WOC would work for that coat and all of the outfits...

. I love red/grey combination. It can be dark grey with silver or light mat grey, any kind of grey would work.

Or any small bag of beige colors.

I'm not a fan of bright colors with bright colors combination, like red/blue/green. Looks good in picture but looks too desperate for attention to me.

It will too soon for any of the Louis Vuitton multicolor collection (especially in Canada) but how about something in a pattern. The plaid pattern by Burberry can certainly blend with your red coat.

Another choice is a Longchamp 'Le Pliage - Python Print Shoulder Tote.

Fendi has come out with a 3D effect color-blocked geometric bag that is an eye popper yet is in neutral colors that can match nearly anything.