What color luggage for wearing with a suit?

elmel

O.G.
Nov 18, 2006
Hi everyone! I'm contemplating my first Celine purchase (and first $1000+ bag purchase) as a graduation present to myself from law school in a few months. I want to wear it for working next year, and I will be in a suit 90% of the time. My suits are grey, black, and navy, so I was thinking of black or a camel/dune type color. Would love to hear your suggestions? (I want to get the mini luggage tote!)

Hi everyone! I'm contemplating my first Celine purchase (and first $1000+ bag purchase) as a graduation present to myself from law school in a few months. I want to wear it for working next year, and I will be in a suit 90% of the time. My suits are grey, black, and navy, so I was thinking of black or a camel/dune type color. Would love to hear your suggestions? (I want to get the mini luggage tote!)

I would get something on the gray scale from white to black~

First and foremost . Congratulations for graduating from one of the top 10 law schools in the nation. I'm guessing you go to u of m from your profile picture. I have the celine Mini in dune and I absolutely love it

Congratulations on your accomplishment! You definitely deserve to treat yourself to a Celine. You can never go wrong with black! I have black myself, and it is very classic. But dune is also beautiful. Both would be great for a professional woman.

I vote for the croc embossed phantom (grey or black) as they're super elegant and will hold a ton of stuff. I know you said you prefer a mini but, seriously, check out the phantoms! I much prefer them over my trapeze and mini!

Speaking from personal experience and having been in profession for awhile I would say that a slate blue or black croc stamped phantom is preferable to the mini. Minis can get heavy once u load up more than the essentials and sometimes you will need your hands free if you have a lot of files to carry to court. The phantom just makes it a bit easier to load and you can tuck it in for a smarter finish when you like. Then on weekends you can also use the bag with a more casual look.

Since you're just starting out, get a dark classic color to start with and then later on you can play with colors. My personal favorite is my royal blue phantom and red python mini with brown handles.

Thanks everyone for the congrats and advice! I actually go to a different law school, Michigan was my undergrad!

Seems like black is the main opinion which is kind of what I was leaning towards as we'll..

Also thanks do the advice to check out the phantom I haven't really considered it before. Can the phantom go on your shoulders? I'll have to look at them in person!!