What color is this?

Mar 13, 2006
Can anyone, please, tell me what color this is ??? Is it Wine? The color IRL is deep red (less brown than in pics). This bag is an older bag with old hardware and tassels.

Thanks!

Attachments

• MA 1.1.JPG
    MA 1.1.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 93
  • MA 2.1.JPG
    MA 2.1.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 58
Oh, what about Chestnut??

ChestnutMA-1.jpg

ETA: Not espresso for sure, I forgot espresso has silver hardware! From what I can tell I am thinking Chestnut. It's pretty!

Last edited:
Glazed almond:

AlmondGlazedMA.jpg

Looks the same as chestnut? :confused1: :shrugs:

Edit: Oh, maybe GA has more of a 'glazed' finish than chestnut?

Here's berry too:

BerryMA-1.jpg

But I think berry is too smooth for it to be this and it doesn't appear to be purple-y enough.

Last edited:
could you post a few more pics for me please. There is a glare on the first pic which makes it look more brown. From pic 1 it looks like chestnut but in pic two it looks like glazed espresso. I'm pretty sure seeing how the bag is broken in its chestnut as tloveshim stated. Berry is a little darker than wine with some purple undertones, this bags too brown to be berry.

Desi, I had a matinee that I believe was glazed almond but one reason I didn't keep it was because of the silver hardware. Was glazed almond made with gold hardware on the mams and mabs but with silver on matinees or am I thinking wrong?

Thank you so much for helping me figure this out!!!! I'll post more pics taken in artificial light (since it's dark outside right now). Maybe the color will come out better. Please check back a little later.

I believe there was some glazed almond that came with gold brass hw. Honestly this bag doesn't look super shiny the way glazed bags do unless if its really broken in. Likeafeather I'll check back in for more pics later :smile:

It is not glazed almond and it is not chestnut- I know this for sure.

There was a "toffee" color a while back and this reminds me of that color but I think it could also pass for glazed espresso although it looks a bit light for GE.. could be the lighting though.

Edit to add: I'm pretty sure it it is Glazed Espresso now that I see that you said it is more of a deep red. GE has very deep red undertones but shows up more brown in pics. It's a lovely color.

How is the leather? Does it have a glaze?? It looks like it does but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Ok, here are more pics. They show the true color (or really close to its true color). There's a lot of red! LOL

What do you think??

Again, THANK YOU!

Attachments

• MA 3.1.JPG
    MA 3.1.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 49
  • MA 4.1.JPG
    MA 4.1.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 39