What color is Petrol similar to

Petrol is the same as Canard when it come to moto jackets, not bags! Do not know why, but Europe seem to use Petrol for the 2010 moto jacket and America use Canard. I have the Petrol moto jacket and it is not blue, it's grey! I took my Anthra GSH Envelope clutch and the moto jaket out to dinner the other day, and they are quite similar. But really do not know why these are the same colors for jacket but not for bags:shrugs:

Petrol is the same as Canard when it come to moto jackets, not bags! Do not know why, but Europe seem to use Petrol for the 2010 moto jacket and America use Canard. I have the Petrol moto jacket and it is not blue, it's grey! I took my Anthra GSH Envelope clutch and the moto jaket out to dinner the other day, and they are quite similar. But really do not know why these are the same colors for jacket but not for bags:shrugs:

Sorry, but I have on the tag written Canard/Petrole. It's true that Canard is use in Europe (i live in the Netherlands and bought my bag in Amsterdam). I asked the SA what color is the bag and she said Petrole. All that time I always know that my bag's color is Petrole, until I came here at TPF-Balenciaga forum that everybodys asking me if I have canard and if I would post pictures. So I was wondering what canard, I have Petrole. But it is written on the tag, so I think that's the way it is. I don't know why Balenciaga gave Canard two names. I hope somebody can explain to us too.

Sorry, but I have on the tag written Canard/Petrole. It's true that Canard is use in Europe (i live in the Netherlands and bought my bag in Amsterdam). I asked the SA what color is the bag and she said Petrole. All that time I always know that my bag's color is Petrole, until I came here at TPF-Balenciaga forum that everybodys asking me if I have canard and if I would post pictures. So I was wondering what canard, I have Petrole. But it is written on the tag, so I think that's the way it is. I don't know why Balenciaga gave Canard two names. I hope somebody can explain to us too.

Oh really? Lol, now I'm even more confused!! OK, so then the difference is that Canard/Petrol on bags are a blue color, but on the jackets it is a grey color. Why would Bal make things so confusing??:confused1:

Oh really? Lol, now I'm even more confused!! OK, so then the difference is that Canard/Petrol on bags are a blue color, but on the jackets it is a grey color. Why would Bal make things so confusing??:confused1:

Maybe Balenciaga gave the names Canard/Petrole b/c as I have said depending the light, the bag changes colors, blue,grayish with green/tempete undertones. This is a very complicated color that amaze me very much. I'm new to Bbags, does any other Bbag who have two names aside from French to English words?

Maybe Balenciaga gave the names Canard/Petrole b/c as I have said depending the light, the bag changes colors, blue,grayish with green/tempete undertones. This is a very complicated color that amaze me very much. I'm new to Bbags, does any other Bbag who have two names aside from French to English words?

I can't think of any other. Oh, maybe Black Cherry which also is called Crimson. But not sure if Crimson is French though, don't speak a word French;)

I can't think of any other. Oh, maybe Black Cherry which also is called Crimson. But not sure if Crimson is French though, don't speak a word French;)

Really? Black cherry/crimson? Wow, I'm looking for something red but not too bright red. Crimson is english, I don't know if it's also French. Crimson is like blood color if I'm not mistaken. This should be a very beautiful color. I hope to see this color in IRL. Thanks for the info P&P:biggrin:

Petrol is also the other name for canard. Here's the photo of my canard Bbag. Hope this help.
I saw the picture of the Petrol Blue Bal bag the you posted and it's different with the bag that I have which i bought 2 days ago, mine is a lot lighter blue with slight grayish tone on it. This particular color confuses me because some blogs says that Petrol Blue/Canard is darker close to Navy. Does your bag really look like the picture or there is a difference because of the lighting when you took it?

Canard is a very tricky colour to photograph, due to its chameleon nature. Sometimes it looks like a gray, other times, it looks bluish-green.

Without flash
P1010569.jpg

With flash
P1010571.jpg

A comparison to other blues
P1010625.jpg

Last edited: