What color for my first Easy??

sasquaty

O.G.
Oct 21, 2009
I am going to be purchasing my first YSL and it is going to be the small Easy. I have tried the Medium size on and it just seems too large for me plus I don't carry alot. So at least I have narrowed it down to the size bag.
Now for the tough part, the color. I have looked at the reference thread as well as received pics from the YSL boutique, as I don't have one near me, and have decided on cognac, chocolate or navy.
I tend to wear jewel tone colors in blue, purple, pink & green with jeans or would be black/gray pants. I would like a color I can wear year round as well. They are all beautiful colors but I can only afford to get one at this time and am hoping some might be able to offer opinions based on what they currently have and why they like it.
I know it is personal preference but sometimes someone has it IRL and knows that a certain color will work with another that I may not have thought of.
Anyway, thought would be appreciated.
TIA

Look at my avi....cognac is the way to go! You can always get a black bag.:P

It goes with EVERYTHING.

Best of luck with your eventual choice.

Look at my avi....cognac is the way to go! You can always get a black bag.:P

It goes with EVERYTHING.

Best of luck with your eventual choice.

So you feel the cognac is very neutral? In your avi it appears to have orangish tint to it. Is that accurate? I can't seem the IRL so any help will be greatly appreciated.

So you feel the cognac is very neutral? In your avi it appears to have orangish tint to it. Is that accurate? I can't seem the IRL so any help will be greatly appreciated.

orange? Hmm...never noticed that before and still don't see that now, sorry.

Yes, I know the bag is very neutral, have had it for almost a year with no problems matching it to anything in my closet.

Anyway, I wonder if you can still find a cognac in small? Those small Easys don't seem 'easy' to find (always someone hunting one down). Do you know? Because if it proves a difficult task, that might leave you with black as your choice, no?

Again, good luck.

orange? Hmm...never noticed that before and still don't see that now, sorry.

Yes, I know the bag is very neutral, have had it for almost a year with no problems matching it to anything in my closet.

Anyway, I wonder if you can still find a cognac in small? Those small Easys don't seem 'easy' to find (always someone hunting one down). Do you know? Because if it proves a difficult task, that might leave you with black as your choice, no?

Again, good luck.

Thanks. I have a cognac one being held for me in the small size so I know it would be available. I just need to decide on the color. Wish I could afford tom get more than one right now.

Thanks. I have a cognac one being held for me in the small size so I know it would be available. I just need to decide on the color. Wish I could afford tom get more than one right now.

Funnily enough, I have both black and beige. I got the black one first and then beige four months later. I have to say that as classic as the black is, the beige is by far more versatile.

I look forward to reading about what you decided.

Just today I decided to get the black in the medium. I originally was going to get the small but after trying on the medium I decided that the larger size was the way to go. I thought it was going to be huge but with all the stuffing out and my things in I loved how it looked. I was not able to see a cognac in real life and even though so many of you were for cognac I just couldn't visualize it in my wardrobe. And as I don't own a black bag I felt that was the best for me for my first one. I tend to wear brighter tops, fuschia, purple and blues. I don't tend to wear browns too much but pair the tops with jeans or black pants. Plus I have a 7 year old daughter that likes to touch and play with my things so the black seemed to make the most sense at this time. I actually had purchased a small gray from the Las Vegas boutique for 15% off but didn't care for the brown undertone. The SA was nice enough to allow me to exchange for the larger size at the discounted rate. It will ship tomorrow so will post pics for opinions. Thanks for everyone's help.

So I think I am second guessing myself on size. I love the slouchiness of the medium but don't carry a ton of stuff and wondering if it will be too big. I am 5'3" and 107lbs. When I tried the medium on in the store I was told that the size looked nice. They knew I was not going to purchase so hoping they were honest. It is almost like if there was a size between the small and medium it would be perfect. this would be the largest bag I've purchased so maybe it is just a matter of getting used to it. Ughh, why do I make things so difficult.

I think you'll be happy with the medium. It develops a nice slouch over time and won't seem as large. And you have the benefit of having a large bag if you need it.