What color for my Alma Vernis

kristina111

Sep 6, 2012
What color would you choose for the Alma Vernis? I love Amarante, nude(sorry I forgot what it was called) and bleu nuit. I am going for the MM size. I am a little concerned I won´t like the colors in person

Attachments

• large-10.jpg
    large-10.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 668
  • 164211_305520759581980_254180059_n.jpg
    164211_305520759581980_254180059_n.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 612
  • images-2.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 596
  • 264510832.jpeg
    264510832.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 614
  • 45730PCN_Ronaldo11.jpg
    45730PCN_Ronaldo11.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 780
The Monogram Canvas is very obvious, do you think the Vernis is recognized as LV immediately too? Stupid question I know but I would like to know ;)
Of the colors you listed Amarante gets my vote. It's classic and you don't have to worry about color transfer. The lighter colors fade and turn yellow, the blue one might not match as many outfits. Amarante can look almost light back depending on the lighting.

And yes, the Vernis alma is very recognizable as LV. You could argue that amarante is a tad understated because of the color, but I would notice from a large distance that it was LV.

Of the colors you listed Amarante gets my vote. It's classic and you don't have to worry about color transfer. The lighter colors fade and turn yellow, the blue one might not match as many outfits. Amarante can look almost light back depending on the lighting.

And yes, the Vernis alma is very recognizable as LV. You could argue that amarante is a tad understated because of the color, but I would notice from a large distance that it was LV.
I agree completely! I have the Alma PM in Amarante and it goes with so many outfits! Looks black, a dark cherry or dark purple depending on the lighting and I feel it really adds beauty to any outfit.
It doesn't have to always be monogram for people to recognize it. True die hard fans would know either way.

I agree, out of the colors mentioned, I'd go for amarante! It's such a head turner.

Vernis can get colour transfers? And the colour will turn yellow? Really?

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

Yes, especially the light colors. My pomme key holder has a bit of color transfer but I didn't baby AT ALL.

I love this nude one, how is the color called? I like the nude ones but I am not sure if I´d rather go for Amarante or bleu nuit, it is so tough to choose

I think the nude one on your pictures is Rose Florentine (released cca in 2010 or 2011), now there is a nude Dune and Galet is also neutral , released on August 1st.
Old light vernis colours turned yellow, there are plenty of these items on ebay, but I would risk it, I like light colours. But there can be the colour transfer.
Dark colours are safer.
I have Alma in Bleu Infini which is deep navy blue and I love it. I find it very neutral and versatile, in some light it looks almost black. Bleu Nuit can be similar, also very versatile.
And yes, the shape of iconic Alma is definitely recognizable as LV;)
Good luck deciding!