• New Black studded stam

• Regular black stam - no pic

• Regular Violet stam - no pic

Results are only viewable after voting.

melovepurse

super bag hag
O.G.
Jul 17, 2007
Hi! I am trying to decide on my very first Stam, first Marc Jacobs . The new resort 09 stams are very cool looking too. I definitely like the basic black lambskin that is carried at Nordstrom, they have the Violet as well. Give me your opinions - I wear alot of black, and I'm on the short side (5'3"). Thank you so much for your opinions!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• stams.jpg
    stams.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 228
  • violetstam.jpg
    violetstam.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Toughy... I like all your options :biggrin:

My favorite is the black studded stam! :heart:

But since you wear a lot of black, maybe the metallic fuchsia would be best? It'd certainly add a lot of POP to an outfit.

I still voted for the black studded stam though, it's just way too cool. I used to wear mainly black, but getting a black bag forced me to diversify my wardrobe. I'm glad I did!!!

Last edited:
I have a studded purple and the black quilted Stam that is in Nordstrom right now. If I had to choose one, I would choose the black - definitely. It will go with everything and look good doing it!

(And I'm not quite 5' 4")

Last edited:
I would choose either the Quilted Violet from F09 (it's such a pretty color and it's got that gorgeous blue edge paint!) or a Stardust Stam, altho does it have to be black? There's also a Blue and Clay Stardust stam, as well as a Purple one. I think a Clay stam would be a beautiful first stam - it's such a neutral shade, but it's soooo gorgeous!!

My least favorite would definitely be the python embossed stam - have you ever seen one in person? It doesn't feel like leather, and while it's extremely light weight I don't think it would satisfy your "stam needs." I would definitely stick with a quilted version as your first stam

Basic black.(either the reg.black or maybe the embossed snake(never saw that IRL) Even if you wear a lot of black....it'll only add to the edginess--the clasp itself will lend a little something extra against the all the black, plus, if you need something more, you can leave the strap on...and/or add a colored scarf to add some colour. But the stam itself is not a basic bag, so black will not make it boring. BUT, if you really desired a colour, i'm leaning towards that blue someone mentioned earlier (if it's dark blue)

Keep in mind that the leather texture is totally different on the studded Stam and the basic black lambskin. They're both pretty, but the studded is more coarse, thicker looking. The lamb is buttery soft and mushy.

I totally agree with Beachgal on the black with black clothes.

I would go with a quilted basic black or the quilted violet. You can't go wrong with a classic.

I like the color of the embossed python, but ILUV is right. It doesn't feel like leather and it is shiny (like patent leather). Although in black it is a pretty handbag.

Hmmm...looks like most voted for the studded black - I do like that one, but wonder when it comes out, its part of the resort collection, not the Stardust Stam.

I was looking at the brighter colors because I spotted a woman carrying the Red Jersey stam wearing all black the other day, and she looked great with it, very stunning. I'm not sure metallic fuchsia would exactly be the same effect, and it might just be too over the top for me...saw the red jersey stam on Bluefly too, but I would rather have a leather bag for that kind of $$, you know!

I've not seen the snake embossed bag in person, so thank you for telling me how it feels - still not sure what to do!!!