What color does Vachetta leather end up?

Wow! Very pretty. I am so tempted to buy a natural vachetta Willis but I want it to be "tanned" as well. After they tan does the leather still stain if you apple it? Thank you for posting you link too :smile:

Wow! Very pretty. I am so tempted to buy a natural vachetta Willis but I want it to be "tanned" as well. After they tan does the leather still stain if you apple it? Thank you for posting you link too :smile:

Well, I just put on "Lovin My Bags" protector on the Louis and so far they are looking crisp and clean. I think Apple would accomplish the same thing. I do think you need to reapply it every few months to avoid all the easy staining. I have to say I am very worried about my 2 Louis and it keeps me from using them quite as much as I would like to because the leather is ridiculously sensitive to the slightest scratches or stains (water stains, ugh!). But I am not sure if Coach sells bags that are SO untreated. My understanding is that their natural vachetta bags have some protectant on them too. But I could be wrong. I know Louis is raw leather and it's enough of a PITA that I don't see myself buying another.

Kath

Kath......your bags look absolutely spectacular!! Beautiful job, the leather is a GORGEOUS color! I just love your bag collection and the variety of texture and color and style! I know you've said you have a lot of fun decorating your bags...well I can see why, my friend! Congrats on an outstanding experiement....A+ from this former science teacher! BRAAAVOO!! :yahoo:

MedtechCarol said:
Kath......your bags look absolutely spectacular!! Beautiful job, the leather is a GORGEOUS color! I just love your bag collection and the variety of texture and color and style! I know you've said you have a lot of fun decorating your bags...well I can see why, my friend! Congrats on an outstanding experiement....A+ from this former science teacher! BRAAAVOO!! :yahoo:

Thank you so much. You are so sweet!

kath00 said:
Well, I just put on "Lovin My Bags" protector on the Louis and so far they are looking crisp and clean. I think Apple would accomplish the same thing. I do think you need to reapply it every few months to avoid all the easy staining. I have to say I am very worried about my 2 Louis and it keeps me from using them quite as much as I would like to because the leather is ridiculously sensitive to the slightest scratches or stains (water stains, ugh!). But I am not sure if Coach sells bags that are SO untreated. My understanding is that their natural vachetta bags have some protectant on them too. But I could be wrong. I know Louis is raw leather and it's enough of a PITA that I don't see myself buying another.

Kath

Now u really convinced me to use my lovin my bag LV care kits..I bought them n havent try them yet..a lil chicken..lol..I used non alcohol baby wipes on all my LV leather n now I want to use the care kits, fingers crossed..lol..love the patina on ur bag, so gorgeous..thanks Kath :smile:

Wow, I love how kath00's bags turned out ... I thought I loved the original color best, but no longer. I want that lovely tanned color on my bags, too. I have the Poppy Whipstitch hobo in natural vachetta, does anyone know if that bag would tan in a similar fashion? TIA!

See my thread here on the Louis Vuitton bags I tanned! It only took me 3-4 weeks to get this amazing patina...

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/the-great-sunbathing-experiment-of-2012-a-755948.html
Thank you so much for sharing your tanning technique! My natural Willis is coming out of her dustbag today - and finding a sunny spot by the window to sit!

Your Lv's are amazing - infact, your entire collection is gorgeous:cloud9: Thanks for taking time to share so many thoughts on each bag - and pictures!

Thank you so much for sharing your tanning technique! My natural Willis is coming out of her dustbag today - and finding a sunny spot by the window to sit!

Your Lv's are amazing - infact, your entire collection is gorgeous:cloud9: Thanks for taking time to share so many thoughts on each bag - and pictures!

Thank you! :hugs:

OP, I too am just now buying some Vachetta bags. From what I've read, the vachetta tends to get "warm" which is great for tans, browns, etc. I have a white vachetta that I would prefer DIDN'T patina to yellower tone so I'm using Apple Garde on it etc. to protect it as best as possible. I also have a pink Leigh which I worry will just turn yellowish. I am hoping not.