What color do you WISH b-bags came in?

^^ I wonder why not? There is such a demand for them. The really great reds hardly pop up for resale. But they just keep making blue bags, lots of blueish bags...with fading issues....(though don't get me wrong - i love blue - i just want a true red for selfish reasons)

Yes Yes Yes a true Red!
ahhhhh an RT City & NEW.....heaven! Shame it wont be Chevre.
Maybe that's why they have not done a true Red in a while maybe the red dyes to do react well to Agneau????
Sang was close to a true red but it needed a 'little' more blue in it (IMO) & I love love love Poupre but RT....ahhhhhh

^^ I wonder why not? There is such a demand for them. The really great reds hardly pop up for resale. But they just keep making blue bags, lots of blueish bags...with fading issues....(though don't get me wrong - i love blue - i just want a true red for selfish reasons)

ITA. If I see one more "anthra" version I'm going to scream. I mean how many versions of anthracite does one really need. Blues blues blues - more only one red a year if we're lucky.

Burgundy, Claret, etc. those are the colors we need.

If they ever brought back RT my wallet would go into shock - my favorite bal red, followed VERY closely by Rouge Vif and Ruby. <--- the last decent red bal produced way back in 2008 imo.

I'm surprised they don't re-issue when there is clearly such a strong demand for these colours - especially since we'd buy these oldie colours in the new styles. Maybe Bal has tried, and the old colours have not taken to the leather as well in the agneau leather (I'm not getting into the debate between chevré vs agneau: merely citing it as a possible reason;))

If there was a re-issue of just one colour ever, I'd put my hand up for Grenat-Bordeaux/Brenat (cross between Bordeaux and Grenat).

RED!
Take a big glass of Bourgogne red or Cotes du Rhone and hold it over a candlelight. THAT'S the red I want!
Seriously, Mr. Ghesquière, how hard can it be :noggin:

Brown but natural brown like Chloe had with their bags in the time of the Edith (cognac!!) Yummi.

It's funny you say that. I used to have a Chloe Edith and I loved that color (bag was way too heavy for me) but I purchased this 2007 Bal city because the color reminded me of my old edith bag, a total cognac - whiskey color for me.

DSC08127.jpg

DSC08123.jpg

DSC08117.jpg

Photos with and without flash.

RED!
Take a big glass of Bourgogne red or Cotes du Rhone and hold it over a candlelight. THAT'S the red I want!

Livia....that is not only a perfect description of a deep, warm red, but also just a nice activity to indulge in after a long day....that is if you drink it as well.
Mr. Ghesquière.......you understand wine, I'm sure.

RED!
Lol, love your description:tup:
I'm all for another dark red as well, but also a brighter true red. Red is just my favorite color!

Livia....that is not only a perfect description of a deep, warm red, but also just a nice activity to indulge in after a long day....that is if you drink it as well.
Mr. Ghesquière.......you understand wine, I'm sure.

Why waste a good glass of good wine, of course I drink it ... how do you think I know this :graucho::biggrin:
:drinkup:

Lol, love your description:tup:
I'm all for another dark red as well, but also a brighter true red. Red is just my favorite color!

Yup but actually if you tip that glass of wine and hold it over a candlelight it can be a brighter red too, like a dark Ruby :graucho: It depends on the wine and if you look at the top or bottom of the glass.
What I like about this is the tone of red that shines through the glass and even when it's bright red, the colour is still deep somehow.

I really wouldn't mind both a light and dark colour though.

BAL seems to have some "artistic" resistance to just bringing back an old, loved color and duplicating it. There's always a twist. But they love to make money, so ??? Maybe it is just because they can't do it, with the changes in leather and production over the years. I'd love a revisit of the reds, especially RT and rouge vif, bordeaux in some form, a really nice, springy, citrusy light yellow like the one from spring '04, and the perfect light champagne color I have in my mind. And '05 turquoise.

Yup but actually if you tip that glass of wine and hold it over a candlelight it can be a brighter red too, like a dark Ruby :graucho: It depends on the wine and if you look at the top or bottom of the glass.
What I like about this is the tone of red that shines through the glass and even when it's bright red, the colour is still deep somehow.

I really wouldn't mind both a light and dark colour though.

I'm with you!
I haven't thought much about Bal colors & red wine, but I'll certianly do that the next time I'm having a glass:graucho:;)