Alexander Wang What color Darcy would you choose?

PoshPoet

Sep 14, 2010
Well, I made the massive mistake of going to my local Barney's Co-Op last night, hoping I would play with a Rocco and decide it wasn't worth the price for me. And I did decide the Rocco, while stunning, probably wouldn't work for me. Unfortunately I fell head over heals in love with the Darcys :shame: I can already tell it's either going to break my heart or break my wallet!

It appears the stalking has begun, fingers triple crossed for a good coupon code, so I might as well start obsessing over colors. Any opinions on the following leathers? I'm wondering more about versatility and which one will show of the style best. So if you could only choose one, which color would you ladies pick?

* Ocean - While I don't want to pay full price, I know it is an exclusive color, and the one at my Co-Op looks fabulous. But I saw it at night under pretty warm lights, so I need to go back during the day. It looked dark purple to me, which is actually what I wanted, but was that just the lighting?

* Sage - I love gray and this one really intrigues me. Again, I'm curious to see how it looks in sunlight.

* Grigio - Again, love the gray, but some of the posts I've seen in this form make me worry about a light color from AW. Anyone know how this holds up?

* Luggage - I'm not sure how this happened, but I don't have a single brown bag, and this style looks great in it. My wardrobe does lean to the cool side though.

Yeah, the Ocean is really gorgeous in person. And I think it would go with black, gray and brown boots for the winter. Not sure though. I really need to go back this weekend and see it in the daylight!

The ONLY Darcys that i like are the black and the brown. The brown is especially nice though, these pics make me want to buy:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PS- Pssssh! On sale at Oak NYC for $576.80 :graucho:

Attachments

• file_917_10.jpg
    file_917_10.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 380
  • img_0309-2.jpg
    img_0309-2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 382
  • 2F101DARCY-19131-6588P.jpg
    2F101DARCY-19131-6588P.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 375
  • p327003_tan_4.jpg
    p327003_tan_4.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 382
The same kind of thing happened to me at Barney's. I went it for a Rocco and fell in love with the Diego. I really thought I wouldn't like the Diego at all, but it just looked great. I chose the Ocean color. It has a really purple feel to it, although I do think it is still in the blue family. I am a purple lover and I really liked the hue of it. I don't think you can go wrong with Ocean. I did end up buying a black Rocco after all though, I really like Alexander Wang!

I would go with whichever one you love the most, regardless of what else you have in your collection. I was the same with AW - I didn't really like them at all in pictures, and then when I saw them in person at Barney's, swoon... :love: