• Blue jean

• Potiron

• Blue de pruse w/ Gris pearle accents

Results are only viewable after voting.

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
DH and I are taking a trip to Paris this fall. I'm bored out of my mind recovering from surgery and I thought I would start a poll. What color birkin should I take with me?

having been to paris recently i would also recommend a bag you can close with both a strap and handle. i carried a kelly, strapped up and crossbody. no need to tempt fate, and fate is out there, seriously. have fun!!

Agree with the ladies. I would not carry a birkin. Too heavy, no hands-free, easy to get into (by pickpockets) unless you buckle it up, which makes it inconvenient for you.

Hmmm. I took a Birkin to Paris with me on my honeymoon and had no issues, just kept it strapped up. Of course it depends on where you are going....

I'd go for either Potiron or Red. Something classic!

I carried my celeste B with me everywhere in paris, when I was there for the french open in early june. No probs but I do put a shawl to cover the top and always have my B in front of me in crowded places, such as when taking the metro!! Colourwise I will pick vert veronese..classy green and rare? And goes with most outfits!

I would carry something much less visible and open to pickpockets. On my recent trip, I carried either my Evelyne or a cross body fabric bag.

TIA with Mistikat. I have a black nylon messenger cross body that is my go-to bag for wanting to be under the radar. I always take this to Europe with me and never take Hermes.

I did not have any problems in Paris carrying a B. But then again I was mostly in the shopping district and took cabs everywhere. I know people say there are pickpockets in the nice areas too, but I guess maybe I got lucky.

I voted for Blue de pruse w/ Gris pearle accents but Iris would be nice too. It's all about the kind of outfits and main colour palette you will be wearing though. I would carry a Birkin but just be mindful on Champs Elysee and on the metro. That is the mecca for thieves preying on tourists

It all depends on what outfits you plan on bringing. If it is more casual, then BJ. Like all the other ladies, keep it closed at all times and hang onto it tight around your arm. Sometimes they will just come by and snatch your purse when you're holding it lose and not paying attention. Or just take her out when you go out in the evenings to nicer restaurants.

All Parisians know about birkins so it will certainly catch someone's eyes, especially the bad ones. Better to be safe than sorry !