What color bag?

MrsMammaGoose

Feb 13, 2009
Hi ladies,

so, I usually wear either black and white (sometimes with denim thrown in) or sundresses in some sort of bright color scheme -- so, usually either at one end or at the other end of the neutrality scale. Is there any bag color that provides a pop of color for when I'm wearing black and white, but at the same time doesn't overwhelm brighter colors? The only thing I can think of are metallics...

Thanks!

Any pop of color would work with the black and white color scheme so I would look at your brightly colored clothes and see if you have a color or scheme that you prefer and pick a color from there.

Any pop of color would work with the black and white color scheme so I would look at your brightly colored clothes and see if you have a color or scheme that you prefer and pick a color from there.
yes i love bright colors i mean i love to have my basic black or tan purse but i love a pink or purple will not just by its self. i have a bag thats purple and tan and its great i love it, its my coach.

Hi ladies,

so, I usually wear either black and white (sometimes with denim thrown in) or sundresses in some sort of bright color scheme -- so, usually either at one end or at the other end of the neutrality scale. Is there any bag color that provides a pop of color for when I'm wearing black and white, but at the same time doesn't overwhelm brighter colors? The only thing I can think of are metallics...

Thanks!
I like the new rose that is used in many spring collections: Valentino, Marc Jacobs.

Buying color in a bag sometimes takes some getting used to (unless it's a Birkin, lol)...when I wanted to move a little bit out of black and whitedoldrums,I went to some dustier shades of leather first...dusty pink, dusty blue, rich taupe or mushroom, and a greyed out purple...After wearing this color scheme for a while, I started to play with saturated hues (translate: brighter)....still wanted some dignity...so I chose gorgeous grass green (which there are a lot this season), mustard yellow (not chrome), deep sexy pink (rich color), red (not orangey, more cherry with blue in it), and rich cobalt...it's not a hard transition...just buy a color that you can see yourself wearing as your new "neutral" that has some life in it...What is fun, is that sometimes your new color becomes your signature..."Oh yeah, I remember that girl carrying that pretty pink bag"....the ultimate in choosing your colors...to make a statement, but not feel like you are a trendoid...right? Just because "neon" is in, doesn't make it okay for you - if you are not feeling one hundred percent fabulous wearing it!

It all depends on your wardrobe. I used to only buy black and grey bags but I just got a true red bag and it actually looks good with almost everything in my wardrobe as I tend to wear mostly black, white and "cold colours" such as blue, grey etc. If you wear a lot of pink, purple etc. on the other hand it wouldn't really go!

It looks so good if someone wear really espressive color like red, green or violet. If you wear black and white and so...it will look so amazing with colored bag. Just dont be afraid of something new.

Hi ladies,

Thanks!
My color choice at the moment is, Kelly Green. Something about that color screams LUCKY to me. It's like having my own 4 leaf clover with me at all times. :smile:

The bag I have, I'm loving right now. Since, I'm new to this forum, I guess I don't have authority to post pics?