What COACH items have you regretted buying?

I have to agree also with the brooke. It looked so pretty on the shelf but when i brought it home and but my stuff in I was disappointed. It sagged so much and looked like I was carrying a grocery bag on my arm. (the plastic ones not paper) I took her back. Tried her again a few months later in the black signature and felt the same. Im brooke free.

That's exactly the way I felt! I bought and returned the leather version twice. I loved the Brooke when empty, but it looked awful once it was loaded. Also, the mahogany leather had a grayish tone which my co-worker referred to as "wet elephant". Totally ruined it for me.

The Hailey is another bag that didn't work for me. It had the exact same "sag" issue as the Brooke. Plus, the color came off the corner the first time I wore it.

Lastly, the Large Ali Flap (newer version). Oh, I wanted to love this bag. The leather was so soft, the color was the perfect shade of mahogany, and the straps hit just right. However, all of my contents would not fit in the zippered compartment and I had a hard time getting things in and out of it unless I set it down. I had to find it a new home. :cry:

Audrey in leather. The handles made this annoying squeaking noise and it was so square it felt like I was carrying a box. Also it didn't look quite right as a shoulder bag.

Had problems with Brooke as well. Loved the look and leather but it just was too unstructured.

Penelope shopper, handles kept slipping off my shoulder and it was too wide.

Zoe, it was heavy and kept slipping off my shoulder.

Still looking for the "perfect handbag".

Last edited:
Audrey in leather. The handles made this annoying squeaking noise and it was so square it felt like I was carrying a box. Also it didn't look quite right as a shoulder bag.

Had problems with Brooke as well. Loved the look and leather but it just was too unstructured.

Penelope shopper, handles kept slipping off my shoulder and it was too wide.

Zoe, it was heavy and kept slipping off my shoulder.

Still looking for the "perfect handbag".

My Audrey did the exact same squeaking noise. I thought I was crazy..Every time I moved it squeaked..LOl

Metallic Peyton... I carried her once and noticed the metallic coming off, have been scared to carry it ever since... :sad: Love the bag, but i'm scared of it now.

i love my 3 sabrina's but like almost everyone here it just sits in my closet. i have 2 small ones that i only use when i go to dinners or parties at night and i don't feel like bringing a huge purse. and the big one i only use when i travel, big enough to put all my stuff in, passports and all. but too big for everyday, i'm not very tall so i need a medium sized bag for everyday.

as for my zoe's, i love them i have 3 but even my signature aubergine one is still a little too heavy for me when i put my stuff in, and i don't even bring that much! so like the sabrina it's in my closet.

surprisingly, i just love my poppy glam tote! i know it was targeted for the younger market but i just love how light it is and spacious! so even if i'm 40... i'm rockin' my glam tote! lol!

another one that i love is my one and only mff purse... it's the signature stripe convertible bag in slate blue... it is light, right size for everyday and the convertible options are just great... best of all i got it at the outlet for less than $100!!! :yahoo:

Last edited:
I have a few my Legacy Lily is the apple of my eye but so heavy that I never carry her. I also have the Legacy Satchel...same issue. bought a Carly took it back. I try really hard to not let that happen but it does. Have bags I've had so long I can't take back. I really need to be more in tune and buy less.

Now that I think about, my other regrets are also Kristins! Apparently, I love the look og the bags but not the actual bags!

I regret buying a peach kristin hobo, the color is hard to match and the bag is a bit too small and the shoulder strap is too narrow.

I also took back my large kristin op art wristlet - the torquoise and purple one with sequins - it was gorgeous but didn't fit into my wardrobe or style.

But I do love my peach kristin checkbook wallet, no regrets about that one!

My op art Clover. I fell in love with her based on the photos and thought she still looked great IRL. I'd hoped to carry her as a crossbody weekend bag, but am too paranoid to do so because of the light color (flax/bone). I sprayed her with Wilsons TLC but still don't feel right carrying her with the denim and brightly colored shirts that are the staples of my summer weekend wardrobe. Plus, I don't think her bulbous shape flatters me, and even when I tried her on in the store, loaded up with my stuff, I was a bit unsure about the poufy bottom but I loved the color so much! She's very pretty sitting there with her tissue paper stuffing and the color combo is gorgeous, but I found my khaki/gold Groovy a few weeks after I cut Clover's tags and poor Clover hasn't left the house since.

Interesting how several people mentioned Brookes as their regret or as a bag they don't care for. I have one Brooke with tags still on because I LOVE the color and even LOVE the pebbled leather (Brooke is the bag that made me love pebbled leather), but I'm not so sure about the super-slouch! My ottoman siggy Brooke slouches but I still like the way she looks. The fabric gives her some structure when hanging from my shoulder. I even like how she looks when arm or hand carried using the shoulder straps. I'm still not sure if I'll like the broken-in slouch of the all-leather one, though, and I don't want to add a purse organizer.

...Also, the mahogany leather had a grayish tone which my co-worker referred to as "wet elephant". Totally ruined it for me.

ZOMG this made me LOL!!! "Wet elephant" certainly cuts a visual, doesn't it? :lol:

Last edited:
Same here! Except mine was the Ink Maggie...it was too heavy for me. I also like the Bone exotic Carryall better than the Maggie but in this case the Carryall was too heavy. The Bone Croc is smaller than the orignal Ink and Black Crocs and much lighter

People are going to scream at me for this but I bought the Exotic Croc Maggie in Black when it first came out last Fall-it was stunning, but the bag was so big and heavy that it was not practical and I never carried it for months-I ended up selling it on E-bay. Lovely bag-but just too big and heavy for me.