What Coach bag would you get for a Chanel lover?

Fendi84NJ

purselove
O.G.
Sep 26, 2007
So here is the story...

My brother in his early 20s, has a girlfriend of 4 months who is turning 19 this month. He has a nice job, but she is still in community college. He wanted to get her a bag and of course asked me.

He asked for her friends advice of what to purchase. He said that her friends told him that her favorite brand was CHANEL. When I told him how much Chanel costs, of course he almost fainted and can't afford all that. (not to mention I saw one of her "Chanel" bags tonite and I am pretty sure it is fake and she just doesn't know it)

So I told him to go back and ask the friends what other brands they find acceptable. THe only 2 reasonable options price wise on the list they created were Coach & DB.

I HATE Dooney, so of course Coach is the answer.

Off hand, I am thinking a Carly because I love the shape...I have one and I think it's a good bag...but the only Chanel thing I own is sunglasses...I know nothing about the bags.

I am just trying to get into the mind set of someone who loves Chanel. Are there any Coach bags you ladies are attracted to??

Thanks!

*I already asked this in the Chanel section (so I hope it's not considered a dup. post), but I didn't get any answers (maybe they don't own any Coach) so someone suggested I bring it over here.

So here is the story...

My brother in his early 20s, has a girlfriend of 4 months who is turning 19 this month. He has a nice job, but she is still in community college. He wanted to get her a bag and of course asked me.

He asked for her friends advice of what to purchase. He said that her friends told him that her favorite brand was CHANEL. When I told him how much Chanel costs, of course he almost fainted and can't afford all that. (not to mention I saw one of her "Chanel" bags tonite and I am pretty sure it is fake and she just doesn't know it)

So I told him to go back and ask the friends what other brands they find acceptable. THe only 2 reasonable options price wise on the list they created were Coach & DB.

I HATE Dooney, so of course Coach is the answer.

Off hand, I am thinking a Carly because I love the shape...I have one and I think it's a good bag...but the only Chanel thing I own is sunglasses...I know nothing about the bags.

Anyone here attracted to both Coach and Chanel? What Coach bag would you get her based on that? (I know very little about this girl unfortunately...for people I know I am pretty good at picking bags)

Thanks!

I do not have any Chanel bags, but if it were me I would definitely get her a Carly. I am selling my other 2 bags though to get more Carlys so I am partial to them..lol. I think she will love whatever you get her though because if her bag is fake she will be able to tell a huge difference in this one by the quality and really appreciate it.

The first thing that came to mind was the Bridget (probably the strap) but that's awfully expensive for a small bag. Maybe a Madeline? For the clean lines and nice structure.

Being her age she might Like Dooney and Bourke.

If you have a few Coach bags, just casually show her and see what catches her eye. Not everyone is in love with the Carly, so I wouldn't jump on it so fast.

Being her age she might Like Dooney and Bourke.

If you have a few Coach bags, just casually show her and see what catches her eye. Not everyone is in love with the Carly, so I wouldn't jump on it so fast.

I definitely agree with this. I was trying to buy my nephew's teenage kid a Coach bag for her b-day last year, and she asked for a D&B It bag instead! The good news is it was cheaper at the D&B outlet than any Coach I was looking at getting her. Coach was only 3rd on her list, 2nd being Chanel (like that was going to happen, lol).

I was going to say that I don't know what your budget is for the Coach bag, but check out the Bridgit. These are a real hit! I wore mine in a store the other day, and two teenagers were behind me in line talking about how much they love they style and the rose color. It also has a detachable chain strap. I own both the rose and platinum, and even at my age, it's one of my favorite bags. I never go out that I don't get multiple compliments on it. Most people don't recognize it as a Coach bag, and even one person thought it was a Chanel bag, lol. I think it appeals to a wide age range. You can pick up the leather ones for around $300 on Ebay, but the metallic will cost around $500 or a little less on Ebay. Just a suggestion...but some teenagers won't look at anything that's not signature because they like everyone to know they are carrying a Coach bag. Even the SA I talked to at the Coach boutique yesterday said just that.

I've got Coach, LV & Chanel. And out of the new Coach styles I love the the new metallic Lily that I just got. One of the hottest Chanel bags this season was a simple metallic flap with a chain strap. It was DARN hard to get a hold of too. I finally got it in Navy metallic. The Bridget clutch is adorable in both regular and metallic. I like that the Leigh has a leather bit at the top of the chain strap to make it easier on your shoulders. And I think the Juliette and Carly in metallics look really elegant. I've a couple of older Coach metallics that have held up well so I think the new ones should do just fine.
But ask your brother what his gf wears. You're either into metallics or you're really not.

Hope this helps.

I think she would like something fun/flirty since she is younger... I think the bridget is more of a "closer" style to a chain strapped chanel bag... I think she would really like this bag... thats just me though... otherwise I think a carly would be ideal too! Good Luck!:tup: