What clothes steamer do you recommend?

I use a steamfast handheld steamer. I use it on my silk equipment tops and j crew silk tops. I haven't had any issues. But it can spit up water every once and a while. I just let my tops fully dry out and they are fine. I've gone through 2 in the past 5 years only because I am lazy and don't buy distilled water. The first one got clogged up after awhile so I bought a new one for $30. And don't leave water sitting in it. If you have extra just let it steam out. It's not made for that, I learned that the hard way. Started turning brown in the sides from leaking water.
Don't get conair! I'm in visuals and the store I was at went through 5 in a year. Horrible! Even using only distilled water they broke. One broke in a week. And not even with heavy use.

Reactions: Gabs007
I have the Jiffy Pro Steamer. Love it to pieces! We've used it to steam everything from every day clothes, expensive silks, my wedding dress, etc. I also got my brother the small travel version for when he was in Japan....

many retail stores use Jiffy. They're excellent, however I don't find them convenient for home use. One: they take 10-15 minutes to heat up and two: the water tank is built into the base, which means you need a bottle and funnel to refill it.

I had a Rowenta that lasted me about 5 years. It was over $100. Excellent as well. It had steam in seconds, the stand was sturdy, removable water tank, storage area for different brush attachments.

When my Rowenta died, I had to settle for a $50-60 Conair. While the stand isn't the sturdiest, it's been getting the job done for the past 2 years. And it worked better than 2 more expensive ones I had purchased from Macy's that had problems right out of the box.

I am in the market for a steamer. I need something that heats quickly and puts out a lot of steam for linen. I know this thread is old, but I'm hoping there may be some updates and suggestions.

I use and love Jiffy. They aren't that big, so you can squeeze them into a closet; they heat up pretty fast; they come in a lovely old-school-feeling wood version; and they are quick and efficient at getting clothes nice and sleek. Way way better than handheld IMO.
For travel, first ask your hotel/AirBNB/friend/youth hostel if they have a steamer you can annex. If not, there are some good small travel options; I think NYT Wirecutter did a whole review on steamers.