What Chanel Purse would you recommed for about $3000?

eann

Feb 20, 2012
I am finally ready to buy my next Chanel after 5+years, but I need some help. I was wondering what purses I can buy for about $3000 plus tax? I want the look of the flap bag without the price, because I want to pay cash/gift card and I want to buy now so I can wear it this summer. I know I want black. I already know from this forum that there is the caviar and easy flap, are there others? Any pictures you have would be helpful. Also from this forum I learned Boston Saks does not sell Chanel, can they still assist me with a purchase if I know what I am looking for?

i vote gst, after selling the others i'd had a couple of years ago, i just bought one this past week, it's just a great all around everyday bag and at 2,900 usd, i think (for chanel) it's a lot of bag for the money.... rumor is there will be an increase soon on this so you are just in time... good luck - can't wait to see what you decide on!! :smile:

Thanks so much for all the advice. Some of these I already know what they look like from research on this forum, any others I will try to look up here/on the internet-the names are soooo helpful! Thanks so much for all the advice! I really appreciate your guidance!

I would go for Mini if you don't mind a small bag. If you need a tote, then GST. But since you mentioned you wanted the look of a Flap, well the French Rivera is coming back for Fall Act 1, check out some pics around the forum.

Hi! I would definitely get a GST. I only use Chanel bags, but my GST is the style I use the most (I own 7... that's how much I love the GST). The GST can go casual and dressy (except formal/black tie). The price is great now at $2900.00. Black is a good safe choice and the black is readily available at Saks or NM. If you can't get Chanel locally, you can call any Saks or NM that has a Chanel boutique and they can search and ship it to you directly.

You can also get a mini or WOC for under $3K, but frankly, I am not a fan of those tiny bags. They look like kiddie bags and not a bag for women (my apologies if I am offending mini and WOC lovers!). The GST can be worn by an 18 year old or an 80 year old, but a mini can't in my opinion. I see older women who carry little minis and WOCs and it looks a big goofy. The mini or WOC is also very limiting in options due to it's size. For me, as an everyday bag, it needs to for sure, hold a water bottle and big Jackie-O sunglasses. A mini or WOC will not fit both of those.

Just my two cents. Good luck and congrats on getting your Chanel!