What Chanel Purse would you recommed for about $3000?

eann

Feb 20, 2012
I am finally ready to buy my next Chanel after 5+years, but I need some help. I was wondering what purses I can buy for about $3000 plus tax? I want the look of the flap bag without the price, because I want to pay cash/gift card and I want to buy now so I can wear it this summer. I know I want black. I already know from this forum that there is the caviar and easy flap, are there others? Any pictures you have would be helpful. Also from this forum I learned Boston Saks does not sell Chanel, can they still assist me with a purchase if I know what I am looking for?

Tiny09

Apr 20, 2014
are you interested in Minis? they cost less than 3000 and still have that classic look.

thay

O.G.
Dec 22, 2009
i vote gst, after selling the others i'd had a couple of years ago, i just bought one this past week, it's just a great all around everyday bag and at 2,900 usd, i think (for chanel) it's a lot of bag for the money.... rumor is there will be an increase soon on this so you are just in time... good luck - can't wait to see what you decide on!! :smile:

flowerboy

O.G.
Jan 30, 2007
If you want flap then get WOC or mini or reseller for 2.55 flap.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

eann

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks so much for all the advice. Some of these I already know what they look like from research on this forum, any others I will try to look up here/on the internet-the names are soooo helpful! Thanks so much for all the advice! I really appreciate your guidance!

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC
I would go for Mini if you don't mind a small bag. If you need a tote, then GST. But since you mentioned you wanted the look of a Flap, well the French Rivera is coming back for Fall Act 1, check out some pics around the forum.

willeyi

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
Hi! I would definitely get a GST. I only use Chanel bags, but my GST is the style I use the most (I own 7... that's how much I love the GST). The GST can go casual and dressy (except formal/black tie). The price is great now at $2900.00. Black is a good safe choice and the black is readily available at Saks or NM. If you can't get Chanel locally, you can call any Saks or NM that has a Chanel boutique and they can search and ship it to you directly.

You can also get a mini or WOC for under $3K, but frankly, I am not a fan of those tiny bags. They look like kiddie bags and not a bag for women (my apologies if I am offending mini and WOC lovers!). The GST can be worn by an 18 year old or an 80 year old, but a mini can't in my opinion. I see older women who carry little minis and WOCs and it looks a big goofy. The mini or WOC is also very limiting in options due to it's size. For me, as an everyday bag, it needs to for sure, hold a water bottle and big Jackie-O sunglasses. A mini or WOC will not fit both of those.

Just my two cents. Good luck and congrats on getting your Chanel!