What causes do you support?

I like things to be as direct as possible, so I tend to like small, very hands-on orgs with minimal if any administrative costs, like my local Womens' Shelter, or individuals who dedicate themselves to easing the suffering that is all around them. That's how Common Ground in New Orleans started!

Of the larger national orgs, I like Dress for Success, and of the mega-orgs, as you can see in my sig, I really like OxFam's gift program. :smile: Even though OXFam is huge, the focus of the gift program is local and direct. Family needs goat, family gets goat!

Ideally, though, an org shouldn't be necessary.

There is no shortage of need all around me, It is up to me to take the time to notice it and address it as much as is possible within my means. I'm poor, but there are plenty of people who are poorer!

Great question! My DH and I give to our church, to dog rescue organizations and shelters, Juvenile Diabetes, Make-a-Wish, MADD (DH's dad was killed by a drunk driver) and Breast Cancer research. We try to tithe 20% of our earnings.

Mine are:
St. Judes
March of Dimes
30-hour famine. (This is actually a project that one group does but I can't remember the group name.)
Unicef
Race for the Cure
Relay for Life
Red Cross
Special Olympics (one of my favorites!)
I do a lot of work with Key Club and Kiwanis and through them have worked with many organizations.

Great question! My DH and I give to our church, to dog rescue organizations and shelters, Juvenile Diabetes, Make-a-Wish, MADD (DH's dad was killed by a drunk driver) and Breast Cancer research. We try to tithe 20% of our earnings.

Love it!
We can get so caught up with the latest bag but to realize how fortunate we are and give back is :heart:
How could I forget MADD and Special Olympics. Such great organizations. Starting kids early makes them lifelong givers.

When was working at Macy*s, we had the option to donate a small portion of our paycheck to a charity of our choice. One year, I chose The ASPCA and the next year I chose The Smile Train.

My dad doesn't have a set charity, he makes donations to charities that have some social significance to him or his family. He has donated money to aid 9/11, the tsunami and Hurricane Katrina.

(I will often suggest charities.)

When I can afford it, I'd like to support:

Elton John AIDS Foundation

Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation

The American Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals
(The ASPCA)

The Smile Train

Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)

Children's Hospital Boston

The Joyful Heart Foundation

Some causes my sorority supports is Ovarian Cancer Awareness, and Camp Fire for Girls. I personally like to contribute wherever I can. My family and I make a conscious effort to give.

We just had our first Relay for Life with the American Cancer Society at my school... it was incredible! We relayed from 7pm to 7am and raised over $43,000 towards colon cancer.

Mainly to cancer organizations. They are close to my heart as my mother passed away from lung cancer.

American Cancer Society
Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer
St. Judes Children's Hospital (I actually give to a few children's hospitals but this one is the most well known)

I also give to local organizations like museums and art galleries and of course Good Will organizations and the Paralyzed Veterens Organization.