Donate $500 a year to my college
local chapter of Girl Scouts
Cancer Care
AISDWALK - NYC Gay Men's Health Crisis

I'm a member of and donate to:
Defenders of Wildlife
SPCA
Wildlife Federation
I volunteer 2 days a week working outside and hands on with animals for Safari's Exotic Animal Sanctuary which rescues abused, abandoned and misplaced wild life.

(here's my little soap box) So many people think it is cool to have an exotic pet and have not idea of the work, time & money involved not to mention that many of these animals can live 25+ years. They can be very dirty stinky and messy and when the novilty wears off, it is always the animal that suffers! Also is it almost impossible to get any type of funding or aid for these animals, so they really don't have a great life. If your wondering why a zoo just doesn't take them...a zoo won't take any animal that has been altered, like de-clawed, fixed, or hand raised so it is a sanctuary or death usually.

Last year I gave to:

American Cancer Society
Avon Walk - sponsored a friend
Susan G. Komen Walk - sponsored a co-worker
Local humane society
Katrina relief fund

This year I am looking into participating in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer walk. Also will give $$ contributions to the same charities as last year and probably a medical mission organization like Operation Smile or Doctor's without borders.

I donate to Breast Cancer Research (through the Breast Cancer 3-Day in Minnesota, etc) as well as I volunteer with Habitat for Humanity every summer with Wells Fargo (it's a great program and if you haven't had the chance to help out but have considered it... do it! It's a lot of fun).

Amnesty International und Unicef. I can't give money to more organizations at the moment since I'm a student.
I support those organizations because I think that there certain things that are very wrong with this world (poverty, hunger, abuse of human rights,...) and even it's only a very small donation, I want to help to change this.

Our church, Heifer International, Carolina Boxer Rescue, Blue Ridge Boxer REscue, ASPCA, Humane Society, Salvation Army, cancer research; also when special situations happen, like a nearby tornado that killed 8 people and destroyed many homes, we donate.

Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN). Pancreatic cancer is the 4th leading cause of cancer death, but sadly it only get 1% of national cancer research funding. As a result, there are no early detection methods for pancreatic cancer, very limited treatment options, and most victims die within six months of diagnosis. My dad died of this horrible disease at the young age of 56.

This is a nice thread.
Giving to others comes back so many times over, for our family the best reward is what our children have learned. Giving is so much more rewarding than receiving.
Our's include ovarian cancer research, american cancer society, humane society, aloha united way, foodbank, HIV/AIDS, educational scholarships and homeless shelters.

I've given to an organization who supports the fight against cancer and also to another who fights agains heart diseases. Some years ago I gave all of my Bday money to the fight against cancer, I didn't really want anything, so I thought it was a good cause that could use that money mor ethan I.

American Red Cross, Local food bank, city team ministries (where we also volunteer...feeds the homeless), local animal shelter, local schools and youth groups (we also volunteer here), meals on wheels, our local county hospital (I volunteer here, too), planned parnethood, we sponser 4 different families each year at the holidays through the church.

~whatever catches our eye, through out the year.