What can you tell me about topshop.com?

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I have recently discovered Top Shop ( I live in the US) and they have a website!!!! I have heard them compared to Target (I saw this on E!) and their prices seem very reasonable but these are my questions:

What is the quality like?
If you have ordered from the website, how long does it take to receive your shipment?
What is up w/ the UK sizing? I normally am an XS or S and the smallest size online is a UK 6.

TIA!

I love TopShop! I never ordered from them though, I shop there when I'm in London. IMO the quality is good, I have some tops from 2 years ago that I still wear and still love!

And I'm also an XS/S and always buy size 6 clothes in TopShop.

I would say that the quality is OK, but just OK. Before I moved to the US, I always considered TopShop a little expensive for what it is. I preferred Dorothy Perkins; not quite so uber-trendy, but better fit and quality IMO.

I can't speak to the size, because I'm not as small as you :smile:

Last edited:
Thank goodness we have Topshop in Singapore, even though we don't have H&M etc. Quality is decent IMO, especially when you snag items during the sale ;)

Can't speak for the website though, since I've never shopped online with Topshop before. I assume the shopping experience will be just as good!

I LOVE Topshop! I think, just like H&M, some things are better than others. I've seen sort of cheapy looking coats, but then I've seen amazing trousers or tops.

And yes, this size chart is correct, that hautecouture posted:

In topshop sizing is as follows:
uk6-us2
uk8-us4
uk10-us6
uk12-us8
uk14-us10
uk16-us12

But I think it depends. I personally have their trousers, and while I'm normally a size 0/XS and always wear a 0 in pants I ended up wearing a size 8 in Topshop's pants. Then again, it could have just been that style.

I love Topshop! It's my first stop when I'm in London! Quality wise, you get what you pay, the lower the price the worse the quality, but the clothes are nice! I still wear my Topshop skirts almost daily!

Topshop is like the Forever21 of US. Except when everything is converted from pounds to dollars, you feel like you've just been a victim of highway robbery.

Irregardless, their quality is a lot better than F21. I like the few pieces I own from them because they're really trendy but you don't see everyone else sporting the exact same jumper or whatnot.

I wouldn't really compare them to Target. Topshop is a highstreet store but quite fashion forward. I find the quality is good for a highstreet brand. I especially love Topshop shoes & jewellry!

I've ordered from the site but I'm in the UK anyway so I'm not much help, sorry!

Topshop is great! I wouldn't compare them to Target as Target deals with everyday consumer goods and Topshop is a high street clothing store. A good comparable for Topshop in the US is Forever 21. Topshop quality is similar to Forever 21 (i.e. the quality isn't great, but its tolerable for that pricepoint), but topshop is slightly more expensive.

If you're a US XS, then UK 6 will fit you just fine. A US Small is a UK 8.