What can you carry in the Alexa?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i keep reading threads about how the alexa isn't for everyday wear, and not for carrying heavy stuff (is the worry that the handle/it's hardware breaks?). i'm just wondering what you do carry in it?

i have a few bags that i would rotate, but i usually switch every week or so. i like to carry: wallet, cell phone, book, a couple cosmetic items, and occasionally (1-2x per week), a thin 12" laptop that weighs about 2 lbs. would that be too much for the alexa to carry? i love the look of this bag, but as i'm currently dealing with quality issues with my current (non-mulberry) bag, i don't want a repeat of the disappointment!

2. You should be ok. I put my 13inch MacBook in mine, and that was too much for it. I would say no to the laptop AND a big heavy book, but a small laptop/netbook and a paperback really should be fine.

3. Not a bag made for carrying heavy things. Perhaps the OS alexa will be better to carry a laptop, but I find even adding a small paperback adds to the strain and weight.

4. I usually carry my long lock wallet, two pouches, an eReader and my phone in my regular Alexa. But at times I have also had my medium filofax, a book, a magazine and an umbrella in there too without any difficulties.
    The laptop may be an issue though - im trying to picture how big yours is and it might be ok. Your best bet might be to go to a store and try out the bag with your stuff in it. That will give you a better idea of the capacity.

5. All of my Faults have not been with the quality of the actual leather, so I think it can take a bit more than we think.

I carry a heavy wallet, A5 diary, ipod and make up bag as my core items. there's often some water in there, sometimes a few CDs, a paperback/magazine.

If there's too much in there it's a bit uncomfortable as the strap isn't very wide.

6. thanks all, that helps! i should've specified i'm thinking of the OS alexa, not the regular size. sounds like it would be okay for my needs.