What can I layer my new Tiffany locket with?

saligator

O.G.
Nov 21, 2006
I wear things like that on super thick chains. I don't hang the locket from the chain, cause it won't go through, I use the clasp as a way to hook in the bail. So you're hanging the locket from the clasp KWIM? That way its more like a pendant on a thicker chain. Also, if you have other pieces, just throw the locket in the mix, usually 3-4 necklaces of graduating length. You could also find an antique bar pin and hook the locket bail through that and wear it as a pin.

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
west coast envy
I love the look of putting two or three charms on one chain but the SA said not to becuase it would scratch the locket pretty badly :/ i didn't know when I selected the piece. I usually don't like super thick chains because I am more petite so I have to be careful of it not overwhelming me. I love the pin idea for somethign else that I have, so thank you for that! I would rather keep the locket as a pendant for around my neck though. thank you for your imput!

saligator

O.G.
Nov 21, 2006
I meant wear 3-4 necklaces layered on your neck. several thin chains also gives a good look!

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
west coast envy
^^ i was thinking about that too!! I have a diamond that i can set into a bezel necklace, but i was wondering if i can layer 3 necklaces, the diamond, a string of diamonds by the hard and the oval linked chain?

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
west coast envy
please keep the ideas coming! i love all these different ones so i can keep changing it up and still show him how much i lvoe the locket!

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
Are you going to have your locket monogrammed? That would help with scratching.
DBTY sounds great! Congrats!

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
west coast envy
^^ i was actually in the talks with the tiffany hand graver to handgrave a flower on it, i'm just worried with the engraving it won't look like tiffany. everyone gives me a hard time on picking the locket, that it looks like any ole locket :/ I chose it because I felt like it was a piece that I would never get tired off and always go back to.

saligator

O.G.
Nov 21, 2006
Personally, I LOVE Tiffany hand engraving. It is what makes a piece personal. You might not want to do something so permanent to it. I wouldn't worry too much whether it looks like Tiffany or not, you know where it came from, so what else matters? Plus, the stealth mode keeps it safe from theft!

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
west coast envy
with say an everyday tee shirt, is 3 chains ok? liek one with diamonds by the yard with just one stone, then the locket on the oval link chain then a longer strand of diamonds by the yard?