What can I go with my stained Vara bow?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all, this is a vintage bag from the 90s. I took it to my local store and they sent it to their contractor in NJ. I got a brief email back, no apology, that they cannot replace to bow as they no longer have the parts. I even asked if they can change it to leather and again, a curt reply saying they don't have the materials and they would have if they could. I took it to a local cobbler who said they can't dye the bow since it is fabric but they can dye the leather bag.

How do I:
    1. Get the bow replaced with a leather bow- who does this kind of work? I would have assumed Rago in NJ but they sent it back to my Ferragamo store
    2. If not replaced, how do I clean the bow? I've tried- hydrogen peroxide mixed with baking soda overnight (nothing), Ajax dish washing soap (nothing). It's the stripes that won't go away
    3. My cobbler said they can "clean" the bow for me but I don't really trust them. I've read reviews where they ruined Celine bags.

The stripes are much more obvious in real life.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice