what can I eat late at night....

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. that won't turn into a big glob of fat while I sleep? I'm hungry now, it's 9:15pm west coast time. I'm serious.

2. so is it safe to assume that I'm living in a fantasy world?

3. yep basically, try to stick to liquids, water, hot water with lemon squezzed in it, maybe tea or something?

4. Maybe? But I may be right there with you :biggrin: .

Lately, I've been reaching for Quaker Rice Cakes. They've got a bunch of flavors and are made from whole grain brown rice. Depending on the flavor, they are between 35-60 calories per cake and 0 grams of fat. They do a good job of filling you up and taste decent. I like the caramel and chocolate flavors, and they satisfy my sweet tooth to a certain extent. HTH!

5. is edamame a safe food to eat at night? i heard it is healthy to eat...

6. baby carrots? and my fave...BUTTERLESS POPCORN! just sprinkle a lil salt n its great! :yes:

7. Eating at night won't kill you.

Have a snack. honestly, if you indulge a little craving here or there, its a lot better than sitting there and listening to your stomach growl. Remember, everything in moderation.

Personally, I :heart: having a bowl of ceral at night. Special K fills me up and each bowl only has 110 calories. Just use skim nonfat milk!

:smile:

8. Considering it's a veggie, I'd assume it's all good. I love them.

9. OMG i thought i was the only one! I cannot eat ceral in the morning, i can only eat it at night, it something about the darkness outside that makes it appealing for some reason? i have no idea why but in the day time i am repulsed by ceral and at nights i crave it!!

10. it's an old wives tail that eatting at night is bad for you - it's no worse than eatting at any other time of the day. people that restrict themselves from eatting past 7 pm or something lose weight because they're eatting less total, not because they're not eatting at a certain time.

11. Agree with Amanda.

A bowl of cereal or some fruit and cottage cheese is a great late night snack. Keep portions reasonable and you should be fine.

12. I looooove edamame! :love:

13. Here is what I do, minimal calories but fills you up!

1 Cup of sugar free Jello - 10 cals
    1 slice of toasted low cal wheat bread - 40 cals
    Spray of butter substitute on bread - no cals
    Big Glass of water.

Fills me up for 50 cals!

Selena

14. Umm... I am notorious for midnight snacks- and by snacks, I mean 4th huge meal of the day. Vlad and I will make sausage and eggs or some other ridiculous thing that you probably shouldn't sleep on...

Eating at night is fine. Just find something light if you don't want a full belly. Rice cakes are good, some sliced turkey for protein, a little bit of icecream, small bowl of cereal (not 3 like I did last night!!)... all good options!

15. I read somewhere in the book, "The Zone," that having a snack that is a dairy product, like yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese.....before bed is good for your metabolism...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice