What can I do, a person w/0 feedback won my item

twigski

O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
The item I listed had numerous bids & sold for double what I was expecting. The problem is that when I was setting up the auction, I though that I blocked bidders w/0 feedbacks so I did not list on the auction itself that "I do not accept bids from buyers w/zero feedbacks. " The person who won the item just signed up for the account 2 days before winning the auction & they have 0 feedbacks :sad: I contacted ebay & they told me that there is no feature to block bidders with zero feedbacks & that I must have mistakenly thought I was doing so when I blocked bidders w/ -1 or more feedbacks. I was also told that I am "obligated" to sell to this person. Is there anything I can do? TIA

The item I listed had numerous bids & sold for double what I was expecting. The problem is that when I was setting up the auction, I though that I blocked bidders w/0 feedbacks so I did not list on the auction itself that "I do not accept bids from buyers w/zero feedbacks. " The person who won the item just signed up for the account 2 days before winning the auction & they have 0 feedbacks :sad: I contacted ebay & they told me that there is no feature to block bidders with zero feedbacks & that I must have mistakenly thought I was doing so when I blocked bidders w/ -1 or more feedbacks. I was also told that I am "obligated" to sell to this person. Is there anything I can do? TIA

There's no feature to block 0 feedback buyers automatically (just negative feedback). However, you can cancel their bid during the actual auction and then manually add the buyer's user ID to your blocked bidder/buyer manager.

"Technically" since you did not state in the auction that you don't accept 0 feedback buyers, you are obligated by ebay's rules to sell your item to the auction winner. If you had stated "I don't accept 0 feedback buyers" in the listing then you could have filed an unwelcome buyer report, canceled the transaction, and relisted or sold to the 2nd highest bidder.

You could contact the buyer directly and tell them that you want to mutually cancel the transaction, but realize the buyer can file a non-performing strike against you and leave you a negative. They can also reject your offer to end the transaction.

Have you reached out to the buyer or tried to communicate w/him or her? There are quite a few sellers on tPF who have related very positive experiences with 0 feedback buyers... so it might be worth a shot to communicate with the buyer to see if s/he is serious.

I would only make a big deal out of it if she is from Thailand, I read too many scamming threads.

If she paid and the address is verified and all that, you should be ok.

I had a 0 feedback gal win my Proenza Schouler PS1 (a $1,995 bag). She paid on time, had great communication and bent over backwards to help me when Paypal held my funds. I phoned her and she immediately called them and left positive feedback and they removed the hold - on a weekend. She now has 1 positive feedback. Everyone starts with 0, so don't be too quick to judge.

You can cancel their bid anytime before auction ends, but not after. They've won your auction, now they need to pay you. I've sold a couple of times to "zero" feedback buyers, no problems. If they don't already, they will need a few days to open PayPal acct in order to pay you.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Send them an invoice and wait to get paid. I've found that most of the problems I have with bidders are from those who have tons of feedback. Rarely do I have issues with zero feedback winners.

Good luck!!

Thanks everyone. She sniped it so I didn't find out until the auction was over. I had problems with several 0 feedback bidders that is why. But hopefully everthing will turn out fine.

I recently sold $1K shoes to a new eBayer with 0 feedback. It made me nervous too. But, it worked out splendidly. Not all newbies are problematic.
Just make sure to get signature confirmation on the package, sent to a confirmed address.